Hiya

• Jhessel
      Jhessel
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I´m Jan Hessel and live in Groningen, the Netherlands. I have been playing poker for ages now, but it has only been recently that I stepped up my game. I started to fold my average hands more, won quite a lot of SnG's but messed up all of my won cash at the free tables.

I was looking for a proper 'tour guide' into the 'Real' poker, and stumbled upon this site. When I saw there was a free way to earn myself 50$ of playmoney, I looked no further. I'm a cheap-ass Dutchman you see..;)

Looking forward to this new experience and I'm quite enquired about how socially active these forums are..

Kind Regards.
  • 9 replies
    • humerhand
      humerhand
      Basic
      hi
    • mikeyboy69x
      mikeyboy69x
      Bronze
      Hello & Welcome Jan.

I only recently joined (yesterday) and cant wait to begin my poker career with the $50 capital. Good luck to yourself and your future winnings :D

Mike - a cheap-ass englishman!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Jan,

Welcome to our forums and our community.

Firstly, Groningen....nice city! I have a friend who studied there for a while and he loved it. What's more, our very own Melvin, Community Manager for the Dutch Community is a verified Groninger.

Secondly, do you plan to concentrate on building a bankroll using SnGs? Which site did you select to receive the free $50 starting capital?

Finally, we're all a pretty social bunch here, but if you get bored of typing/talking in English, we also have a Dutch Forum where Melvin and the rest of the guys will be glad to chat and help you out with anything you need.

Keep us posted on how you get on!

Best.

Marc
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      @ Mevlin, Jan:

Are you both *sure* that Gronigen doesn't have an extra 'e' like 'Groeningen'...kinda seems like it should! :s_biggrin:

Thanks Melv for pointing out my error. Dank je wel, etc.
    • Nivlem
      Nivlem
      Silver
      :D Er gaat niets boven Groningen!
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Melvin
      The gate of bovine what? And thanks for mentioning nits. :D
    • Jhessel
      Jhessel
      Bronze
      Okay, just to set this out straight. Jan Hessel is my first name, Maandag is my last - it equals Monday in English;) -. Current pokerroom = Cake Poker.

And as for the SnG's I won 200$ for free once played some tournaments and SnG's and went up to 480$.

Screwed up 250$ at once by a lame hand. I had Queens preflop 250$ on free sit (I know, the input is way to high for that budget) so raised quite alot. Somebody called me and the flop was like 27Q rainbow.

I slowplayed the queens and it worked, he betted like 75% of the pot, I raised to the double and he went all-in. I called yet to discover he had only Jacks in hand. I was like, YEAH FREE CASH~! Meh, what are the odds of hitting the only winning hand for him? like 0.7%? It happened, both the Jacks came.. True story. With all this angry emotion in my head I went all berserk and fucked up quite the rest of my bankroll too:').

Trying my next luck right now.
    • Nivlem
      Nivlem
      Silver
      Originally posted by belayd
      Originally posted by Melvin
      The gate of bovine what? And thanks for mentioning nits. :D
      LOL! :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I think I am the only one missing from this thread! All the boys are present! :f_biggrin:

Hi Jan Hessel,

Big welcome to our community!

I lived in Brussels for one year, however only speaking the French frites language :f_biggrin:

hope you'll enjoy your time here at PokerStrategy.com!
      Ingrid