You're STILL playing online poker

• PiersM
      PiersM
      Global
      yeah me too!

Seriously though how much evidence do you need to persuade you that these poker sites are all corrupt and stealing your money.

I mean i have lost count of the times ive been sitting there considering an all in for my tornament life after carefully analising the only hand this donk can have to beat me is 9c2d only to find thats exactly what he has and almost thrown my pc across the room and swear blind full tilt are a bunch of corrupt fucking cheats.

Seen many posts on here too with many people complaining about the same thing, so what is it that keeps us playing?

Well for me its the money, not the money im winning but the money im not losing, i think in my whole poker life i have paid in about $200 to my account, the rest of the time im playing with thier money so im ok with that. If it was costing me more i would have stopped a long time ago. But it looks like that decision isnt mine anymore.

Why are you still playing?
  • 12 replies
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      because i'm profiting. :f_biggrin:

yeah, i get bad beats. but if i play well, i know i'll win. and i profit money. simple logic isn't it? :f_biggrin:
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Just wait for the comments :D
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      Just wait for the comments :D
      ok. :f_biggrin:
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      Because poker is a game against yourself. It's a challenge where you are trying to beat your weaknesses.

Why do people play golf? Or climb mountains?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I have said countless times that I hate poker, after friday I realized that wasn't true
    • PiersM
      PiersM
      Global
      Originally posted by terpesheva
      Because poker is a game against yourself. It's a challenge where you are trying to beat your weaknesses.

Why do people play golf? Or climb mountains?
      I think this is probably one of the few replies that i will agree with and can relate to. This really is part of the thrill for me, but how much will you pay for the challenge. If playing online poker started to cost you $200 a week or $1000 would you still play?

i relish the challenge and manage to minimise costs and always dream of hitting the big one which has only just slipped through my fingers a few times and at the moment it is a finely tuned balance, change one aspect and the whole thing will collapse if you see what i mean.
    • PiersM
      PiersM
      Global
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I have said countless times that I hate poker, after friday I realized that wasn't true
      ffs this site is just full of me clones
    • terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      I recon you mean if I turn into a losing player.

I haven't invested a $ into my poker roll so I don't consider variance as "losing money".
      Poker is my only hobby that is +EV money wise. Unfortunately I usually have to pay for all others.

I guess if I was losing $200 a week playing poker I would probably need some counseling. That's called a gambling addiction :f_cool: Gamblers anonymous or something.

I think that if I was a losing player then I would've lost the challenge. Acknowledge it and move on. Either work on myself instead of tilting through 5k hands a day, or just do something else. Go play golf or climb a mountain i guess=)
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      OP,
      some people here have enuff IQ to NOT trust 100% of the Media Propaganda.
      I hate lies and I don't like people who suport lies.Btw I stoped tv before 10 years.
      Btw I am 1000$ up from poker so for me the game is gr8 and to make money from it is like a dream come true+I like to stay home.
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      show me prove that fulltilt/pokerstars did a crime and I will think about it.No prove no suport.Normaly the truth is easy to find nowadays...you just have to see the news and turn 180 to face the truth.

Good luck at the tables guys :)
    • mallikarim
      mallikarim
      Bronze
      Where is this proof that OP is talking about, me wants to see?
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mallikarim
      Where is this proof that OP is talking about, me wants to see?

+1.