This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

William Hill Tourney Ticket

• SquarePig
      SquarePig
      Bronze
      Hi there, I just started using William Hill with my $50 a few days ago and won a token to the Super Series £1000 added tourney on Monday. I have just tried to register for this but because the buy in is supposed to be £5.50 my seat has been denied, is there any way I can get round this? Would depositing help? Thanks, Carly
  • 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi SquarePig,

Welcome to our community! =)

If you never deposited before and playing with the free $50 starting capital, it might be the reason because William Hill offers an automatic bankroll protection for beginners. When starting out with your $50 starting capital, you will only be able to play in the following limits:

-Fixed Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.10/$0.20
      -No Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.05/$0.10
      -Sit and Goes Texas Hold'em: Up to $1 buy-in (not including entry-fee)

The automatic bankroll protection will either be lifted after you've generated 50$ in rake or tournament fees when you deposit at least $100 on top of your free $50 starting capital.

Hope this was helpful
      Ingrid
    • dariusgeorgel
      dariusgeorgel
      Bronze
      Hello pig,

A friend of mine has a WH account through PS and told me about this protection, but never had problems with tokens though. He played a 1$ sattelite st2 for a 5.50$ stage 1 sattelite seat to their 200.000$ guranteed and could register. I don't know why you can't. It should let you register with the token, it's not a value you're putting there, it's a token. Plus the fact that they gave it to you, but still cannot use it. Odd.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Pig, you need to email William Hill support with your issue because they have to set a flag on your tournament token that allows you to go outside BRM. I had that same issue when I was awarded a free $6 tournament token in compensation for some difficulties with the site. Just email them and you should hear back from them in about 5-24 hours.
    • MischiefMarg
      MischiefMarg
      Bronze
      Hi Pig,

I'm starting to feel sorry for these mods who have to put up with us newbies tehehe :D

This board for beginners is busier than the highways lol :s_biggrin:

GL with your token and once I get up and sorted with William Hill and my $50 I might see you galavanting the rooms of William Hill too :s_grin:

GL GL hope you can make it grow >^_^< :s_grin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SquarePig
      Hi there, I just started using William Hill with my $50 a few days ago and won a token to the Super Series £1000 added tourney on Monday. I have just tried to register for this but because the buy in is supposed to be £5.50 my seat has been denied, is there any way I can get round this? Would depositing help? Thanks, Carly
      Hi SquarePig,

Has this issue been solved?

Ingrid