is moneybookers going to be a viable option?

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      As a Canadian, I am perfectly free to use Moneybookers to fund a poker account and cash out from a poker account, as long as I don't rely on certain methods to load my Moneybookers account. Even that restriction has nothing to do with Canadian or British law; Moneybookers are just too lazy to distinguish a prepaid Canadian credit card from a regular Canadian credit card.

But I'm wondering to what extent Moneybookers holds any assets in the United States and whether any of their own bank accounts have been seized. Does anyone have any more information on that?

Also, as Moneybookers customers, we all know how ridiculously anal Moneybookers is about "security." Will they have a knee-jerk reaction and prohibit ALL poker-related transactions by anyone in any country from now on?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
  • 6 replies
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      I know MB does not deal with US costomers and won´t allow them to open accounts so I would think its business as usual with MB. Assets wise I have no idea if the invest or have dealings with US financial institutions but I know that the DoJ report dealing with Fridays mess does not mention MB.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by One12ver
      I know MB does not deal with US costomers and won´t allow them to open accounts so I would think its business as usual with MB. Assets wise I have no idea if the invest or have dealings with US financial institutions but I know that the DoJ report dealing with Fridays mess does not mention MB.
      That last is particularly helpful. Thank you.

Anyone else?
    • Fiskarluring
      Fiskarluring
      Bronze
      well moneybookers is affliated with pokerstrategy now so it is unlikely that they will prohibit ALL poker-related transactions in the future. Well hopefully not :s_o:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I'm sure PS will keep us informed if anything changes with regard to that. In the meantime, you're right, as long as MB is affiliated with PS, they're not going to prohibit all poker transactions. Thank you. :)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      edit: maybe I should read the FAQ before asking questions
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Do they charge for withdrawls/deposits to and from poker rooms?

I would like to keep playing on FT but I really don't want to leave my roll (and therefore most of my real-life money) on there. I also dont want to play under-rolled with the intention of depositing with a downswing at the moment because it cost 2.5% to transfer from NZD to USD when I deposit/withdraw.
      Read all of the US indictment here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53107543/Indictment-DOJ-vs-Scheinberg-Bitar-Tom-et-al

The US government may be seeking "compensatory damages." That means, if they don't get enough money from funds deposited by American players, they will try to seize Full Tilt assets derived from funds deposited by non-American players. Every single FT player is at risk of losing ALL of his money. I would withdraw every cent I can't afford to lose if I were you, by whatever means possible.