Traffic

• 16 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Why is it that stars has 200k+ people online yet FTP only has 40k?
      bigger % of full tilt players where from the USA.. and full tilt software doesn't work unless you downloaded it from the .co.uk domain.. and only the regs have found that out soo the games are really dry and non us players are moving to stars..
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Do you think FTP traffic will improve?
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      doubt it'll improve tonight... But tomorrow will shed some light on the future of online poker..
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I made a blog entry on my predictions of what will happen to the online poker world over the coming weeks. I have noticed significant highs and lows in traffic going by Euro peak times now. I may have to change my sleep schedule! Hah.
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      I made a blog entry on my predictions of what will happen to the online poker world over the coming weeks. I have noticed significant highs and lows in traffic going by Euro peak times now. I may have to change my sleep schedule! Hah.
      very nice
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      good entry.. nothing new to me tho.. exactly share your views on everything I think :)

But yea we need to stop worrying about what has happened and what will happen. Just stay in the present and adjust correspondingly to whatever might happen in the future..
    • thetraveler
      thetraveler
      Basic
      yes, very slowly, in time - it will probably peek around 50K players at a time/day
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      As pokerscout article points out - FT traffic will likely to be decreasing in the nearer future, because:

Lower traffic creates lower traffic.

FT-s fiscal condition has taken a heavy blow and the huge fine might even bankrupt the company. Many people who realize this rather choose to play somewhere else.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish

Lower traffic creates lower traffic.

So lower traffic does not create more traffic? :f_o:
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Yes I know it's obvious... I just put it in black and white since some people don't seem to get it.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      I think people will be back on FTP 'cause it's software is still miles ahead of every europoker room. I don't think they'll bankrupt.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      atm there is 70k ppl @ FTP. So your news about 48% ppl decline at FTP is surely overrated!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jkob
      atm there is 70k ppl @ FTP. So your news about 48% ppl decline at FTP is surely overrated!
      I don't know the usual FTP traffic but isn't it alot more then that? There's 261k players on stars atm.. pretty sure the difference between stars and FTP wasn't even close to almost 4x before.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      The usual number of ppl @ FTP at this time was around 90k-110k. So at most it's a 35% decline atm imo.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Yes, it is.

And don't call me Shirley
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      The news doesn't count play money as your figure does. The 48% decline is based on the amount of real money cash game traffic that existed just one week prior.