can you get your bonus at a site you have an account with?

• 9 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      You have to download the site software through the PokerStrategy link and register at the poker site (for the very first time) using the PS referral code. What you seem to be talking about is backlinking, and poker sites will very, very rarely backlink. If you've never deposited or played on your existing account it might be possible, so you can email the poker site and ask. If you've deposited and/or played there, they almost certainly won't do it.
    • missjazzpaice
      missjazzpaice
      Basic
      with all the sites being shut down all over the shop, there's no-where to put it! perhaps i can wait and hope full tilt start running again? or does that sound highly unlikely?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by missjazzpaice
      with all the sites being shut down all over the shop, there's no-where to put it! perhaps i can wait and hope full tilt start running again? or does that sound highly unlikely?
      Very few sites are being shut down. The U.S. legal action involves only Pokerstars, Full Tilt and Absolute/Ultimate Bet. I play on Cake and they're still allowing American players!

Try signing up on a poker room where you haven't signed up yet. If you haven't received your starting $50, the best place to take it is probably either Cake or Party.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by missjazzpaice
      can you get your 50$ at a site you allready have an account with?
      Hi missjazzpaice,

As per belayd, in order to receive the free $50 starting capital you'll need to have a tracked account with PokerStrategy.com. Unfortunately we are unable to re-track any existing poker account you may have.

Ingrid
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Just for my information, Ingrid, I understood that some poker rooms will retrack an account under exceptional circumstances, usually if a player has never deposited or played real money/freerolls on that account (and preferably hasn't played the play money tables, either) and isn't already tracked to an affiliate. Let me know whether this is correct.

I had a situation once where I had created an account with a poker room more than a year ago, just to have a look around, but had logged in only once and never deposited or played. When I asked them to remind me of my username, they said: "Just this once, we'll let you create a new account and close the old one."
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Just for my information, Ingrid, I understood that some poker rooms will retrack an account under exceptional circumstances, usually if a player has never deposited or played real money/freerolls on that account (and preferably hasn't played the play money tables, either) and isn't already tracked to an affiliate. Let me know whether this is correct.

I had a situation once where I had created an account with a poker room more than a year ago, just to have a look around, but had logged in only once and never deposited or played. When I asked them to remind me of my username, they said: "Just this once, we'll let you create a new account and close the old one."
      Hi belayd,

Sorry you got the ugly Bart as opposed to the lovely Ingrid but I have had many years of experience on the forum here and with many different platforms.

Yes you are correct, there have been a small number of successful retracks or allowance to set up a new account for members here.
      Generally speaking they have been exactly what you have said, where the member has had no involvement in their previous account or on occasions only played playmoney.

I would stress that the success rate is extremely small and you are right these are the exceptions to the rule and only for exceptional circumstances. Some platforms have been more willing than others from my experience.

There is of course no harm in a member requesting such a retrack or authority to set up a new account. Do not be surprised however if this is declined as the platforms do quite rightly retain the right to do so, but no harm in asking.

I would also just stress to you and anyone else reading this thread that you must not under any circumstance set up a 2nd, duplicate or replacement account with a platform where you already hold an account without their express permission. Doing so can open up a big can of worms and potentially lead to life bans, confiscation of funds etc. Always communicate with their own support team before doing anything.

We state as standard that re-tracking is not available as this is the case in the vast majority of requests. I recall perhaps 3 or 4 successful cases in 3 years and thats from many hundreds of thousands of members. Members are welcome to try by writing to the platform but we have to manage members expectations.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks, Bart. :) You told me pretty much what I understood anyway. I guess the only rule is that there are always exceptions, although the exceptions can be extremely rare.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Your welcome belayd.

Yep exactly. Never say never, but expect retracking requests to be declined to avoid being disappointed. If they say yes, then yay.. result! ;)

Bart
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      [QUOTE]There is of course no harm in a member requesting such a retrack or authority to set up a new account. Do not be surprised however if this is declined as the platforms do quite rightly retain the right to do so, but no harm in asking.
      Bart[/quote]Well you two just figured this our perfectly! =)

As per Bart, don't be afraid to ask but be prepared that your request might be declined (which is most likely to be honest).

Ingrid