This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 small pot with the nuts.

• Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      On the turn I reasoned that a raise would make the bettor fold if he didn't have a flush, and if he did have a flush, I would take his stack on the river anyway. Plus maybe I could get over-calls from the other two guys if I just called.

The results were rather disappointing though, a tiny pot.

How would you have played flop and turn?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($9.70)
      CO ($20.90)
      Button ($1.60)
      SB ($4.85)
      BB ($4.45)
      UTG ($9.35)
      UTG+1 ($9.60)
      MP1 ($1.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, 3.
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) K, 4, 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.40) 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB folds.

River: ($1.20) 5 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.95, Hero raises to $4.05, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $3.10
  • 4 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd fold PF. But depending on the situation and your experience, I believe limping is not bad either.

I'd semi-bluff the flop, you got position and if you don't hit on the turn you'll probably have the option to see a free river, and you also start building the pot right away.
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      I'd fold PF.
      Is this not the perfect hand to limp in a multi-way for implied odds?

[quote][i]
      I'd semi-bluff the flop, you got position and if you don't hit on the turn you'll probably have the option to see a free river, and you also start building the pot right away.
      [/quote]I am usually careful with semi-bluffs against more than one opponent, but I think you're right, I should have bet the flop here to start building a pot, and there was not much to lose...
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      Is this not the perfect hand to limp in a multi-way for implied odds?
      There's just one limper and you're in MP. But you do got a point.
      If the table's been passive I think it's OK, there's very small chance that you'll get raised.
      As I said, I don't think it's a bad play, but without enough experience I'd rather just fold.

I am usually careful with semi-bluffs against more than one opponent
      They all showed weakness, so you got good FE.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Fold preflop: only 1 limper and no position. Bet flop: you have a strong draw and want to get the pot directly or build a pot...