[NL2-NL10] NL10 small pot with the nuts.

• Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      On the turn I reasoned that a raise would make the bettor fold if he didn't have a flush, and if he did have a flush, I would take his stack on the river anyway. Plus maybe I could get over-calls from the other two guys if I just called.

The results were rather disappointing though, a tiny pot.

How would you have played flop and turn?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($9.70)
      CO ($20.90)
      Button ($1.60)
      SB ($4.85)
      BB ($4.45)
      UTG ($9.35)
      UTG+1 ($9.60)
      MP1 ($1.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, 3.
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) K, 4, 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.40) 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB folds.

River: ($1.20) 5 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.95, Hero raises to $4.05, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $3.10
  • 4 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd fold PF. But depending on the situation and your experience, I believe limping is not bad either.

I'd semi-bluff the flop, you got position and if you don't hit on the turn you'll probably have the option to see a free river, and you also start building the pot right away.
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      I'd fold PF.
      Is this not the perfect hand to limp in a multi-way for implied odds?

[quote][i]
      I'd semi-bluff the flop, you got position and if you don't hit on the turn you'll probably have the option to see a free river, and you also start building the pot right away.
      [/quote]I am usually careful with semi-bluffs against more than one opponent, but I think you're right, I should have bet the flop here to start building a pot, and there was not much to lose...
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      Is this not the perfect hand to limp in a multi-way for implied odds?
      There's just one limper and you're in MP. But you do got a point.
      If the table's been passive I think it's OK, there's very small chance that you'll get raised.
      As I said, I don't think it's a bad play, but without enough experience I'd rather just fold.

I am usually careful with semi-bluffs against more than one opponent
      They all showed weakness, so you got good FE.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Fold preflop: only 1 limper and no position. Bet flop: you have a strong draw and want to get the pot directly or build a pot...