I picked the "wrong" platform...

• Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Hello, I came across this site recently and decided to try my luck with the quiz, so I signed up and passed it on my first try. :D As I'm usually playing on FullTiltPoker.net, I decided to pick the FTP.com platform for my 50$ bonus, so I created a new account there and entered your referal code.

This all happened roughly an hour ago, but now I just chatted with a buddy (HalfBakedTT) who knew about PokerStrategy and is already signed up, but he's playing on PartyPoker. I'd really like to play together with him, so I was wondering if it's possible to have my quiz money sent to a PartyPoker account instead of my new FTP.com one, before there's any money transfered there.

I have no intention to create multiple accounts here, or try and cheat in any way, I'd just like to play against my friend and wipe the floor with him on the same platform. :D

Is that possible, please? Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Drakhor!

Welcome at PokerStrategy and congratulations for passing the quiz! Of course this is possible. Please write a ticket to our support team and tell them that you would like to change your preferred poker room. You can find the ticket system under "Help".

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply. I'm glad to hear it's possible, and will do so immediately. :)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Just letting you know that everything's fine now. There's been some minor problem because you were actually quicker than expected, but it's all solved now. :D

I contacted the support and referred them to this thread, but I didn't get a reply until the next day. I was told by a certain Maria that it wouldn't be a problem, and my profile was reset to the point where I was able to pick a portal again. I signed up to PartyPoker and did all that was expected, and told Maria about it in the reply ticket.

But 15 minutes later, I received an e-mail from FullTilt where they thanked me for the 50 dollar deposit on my account! I logged in immediately, and indeed, there they were in my cashier, within less than 24 hours after signing up here and passing the quiz.

I knew I wasn't supposed to have this money, so I contacted Maria again to tell her about the situation and asked where to transfer the money to. It took another day for the reply (so earlier this afternoon), but she told me the account and the transfer was approved immediately. I let her know that I got the confirmation on my side that the money had been transfered, and this time it only took an hour to receive the next ticket in which I was asked for my PP account name.

For some reason, it didn't show up on my profile here, but after sending my latest ticket (as of now), it finally appeared, and about two hours ago I received another e-mail where I was told that 0.01 USD had been transfered to my PartyAccount, unfortunately a bit too late as I missed the sign up for a freeroll for my area. :O

Now I'm happy to see that my current balance is exactly $50.01 USD, so 1 cent more than expected. I guess that's my gift for being honest. :D

So thanks again to Maria, Puschkin81 and PokerStrategy. I'll try my best to make sure it was a good investment, and it will end up in a win-win situation for everybody. If that 73rd place in a 1500 player freeroll tournament yesterday morning is any indication, it shouldn't take too long before I have my first million. ;) :D

Well, there's another freeroll tournament starting in about an hour, so I better get ready for it mentally already by reading through the Strategy articles. :D Wish me luck! ;)

[EDIT]: Well, I finished 133rd out of 1566. Not too bad I guess, especially since my buddy only finished 714th. :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Drakhor!

Nice to read that things are going well. I hope you learn a lot here and have a lot of fun!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81