Elephant on Vista

• FSOPFounder
      FSOPFounder
      Bronze
      Sorry, I know you have heard this before...but I can't seem to find an answer that will work for me yet.

I have uninstalled the Elephant and PostSQL programs and deleted the folders from the C: drive. I can't see any additional users on my computer except for me, so I couldn't see delete a PostSQL user...

Upon re-installing Elephant and PostSQL, I receive the following 4 Error messages:

Error: Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not activated in any databases.

Could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host '127.0.0.1' and accepting TCT/IP connections on port 5432?

Error: Failed to connect to the 'template1' database. Contrib files are installed but are not activated in any database.

Could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host '127.0.0.1' and accepting TCT/IP connections on port 5432?

These errors occur during installation. I haven't restarted Elephant yet to see what the next errors will be.....any advice is appreciated.
  • 3 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey FSOPFounder,

this looks like postgreSQL wasn't installed correctly. Are you talking about the installation process of postgreSQL afterall?

If so, this could be due to a problem with administrator privileges. Have you tried installing it from a different windows user? You should be able to create a new one to try it.

Also, open up a command prompt (Windowskey+R -> cmd -> enter) and type in "net user". You should be able to see all users currently configured in your windos installation.
    • FSOPFounder
      FSOPFounder
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply.

I got it cracked yesterday, was so happy forgot to come back in and tell how...

I re-scoured the forums and found the key! I had to add the 127.0.0.1 to the hosts file....as someone posted, I think on page 3 or 4 in the main blog concerning the 127.0.0.1 failure.

Thanks, mate.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      You are welcome :)