This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Elephant on Vista

• FSOPFounder
      FSOPFounder
      Bronze
      Sorry, I know you have heard this before...but I can't seem to find an answer that will work for me yet.

I have uninstalled the Elephant and PostSQL programs and deleted the folders from the C: drive. I can't see any additional users on my computer except for me, so I couldn't see delete a PostSQL user...

Upon re-installing Elephant and PostSQL, I receive the following 4 Error messages:

Error: Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not activated in any databases.

Could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host '127.0.0.1' and accepting TCT/IP connections on port 5432?

Error: Failed to connect to the 'template1' database. Contrib files are installed but are not activated in any database.

Could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host '127.0.0.1' and accepting TCT/IP connections on port 5432?

These errors occur during installation. I haven't restarted Elephant yet to see what the next errors will be.....any advice is appreciated.
  • 3 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey FSOPFounder,

this looks like postgreSQL wasn't installed correctly. Are you talking about the installation process of postgreSQL afterall?

If so, this could be due to a problem with administrator privileges. Have you tried installing it from a different windows user? You should be able to create a new one to try it.

Also, open up a command prompt (Windowskey+R -> cmd -> enter) and type in "net user". You should be able to see all users currently configured in your windos installation.
    • FSOPFounder
      FSOPFounder
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply.

I got it cracked yesterday, was so happy forgot to come back in and tell how...

I re-scoured the forums and found the key! I had to add the 127.0.0.1 to the hosts file....as someone posted, I think on page 3 or 4 in the main blog concerning the 127.0.0.1 failure.

Thanks, mate.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      You are welcome :)