[NL2-NL10] NL5 - bluff on the river

• StaringAtGoats
      StaringAtGoats
      Bronze
      With AQo should I 3B pre flop against two opponents? How about if I'm only up against one? And is being oop an argument for (wanting to end the hand pf) or against (having to play oop post flop) 3betting such a hand? Would calling here be an option, too?

Then post flop I don't want to bluff cbet on that board against two opponents. But BU's small bets on the flop and turn look very weak, so I go for a desperate bluff on the river. How about the bet size? $2 into $4,50

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $8.87
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB (Hero):
      $7.87
      MP3:
      $7.81
      CO:
      $4.51

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      MP3 raises to $0.15, CO folds, BU calls $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 calls $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.27) 4, 7, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($3.57) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($4.57) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.57.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello StaringAtGoats,

With AQo should I 3B pre flop against two opponents?

Depends a lot on the opponent but usually I don't even mind squeezing here and be happy if both guys even fold.

How about if I'm only up against one?

As well depends a lot on the opponent. Against some nits I might even just Call but against some opponents who are opening a lot of hands I'd rather 3bet.

And is being oop an argument for (wanting to end the hand pf) or against (having to play oop post flop) 3betting such a hand?

Yes, as I mentioned in early answer about 3betting. :D

Would calling here be an option, too?

Rather being against headsup I would consider more often Calling. Although being in multiway if you feel playing postflop fine then Calling is as well considerable.

Then post flop I don't want to bluff cbet on that board against two opponents. But BU's small bets on the flop and turn look very weak, so I go for a desperate bluff on the river. How about the bet size? $2 into $4,50

If you don't want to bluff-CBet then I'd ratehr as well just Check/Fold it, even if it's a small Bet. You didn't even mention what kind of player he is then how you expect him to fold any pair here anyways? But as played then I might even try betting a bit bigger on river like $3 if I really want to turn my hand into bluff, although I don't really expect those stations to fold any pairs there anyways. Likely just had some kind of draw which we might would even with with just Checking. :D

Best regards.