[NL2-NL10] NL5 A7s CO

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      I think I could have just called his donk on the flop since he doesn´t really look like "I like to fold" player and his donk just gives me awesome odds. Also he isn´t very likely to give up, since this flop hits his range hardly and I can be up against sets and so on. So even if raising small donks is somewhat standard line I guess calling would be better in this situation ... ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2,8
      MP2:
      $2,32
      Hero:
      $5,53

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , 7:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, 2 folds, BB calls $0,20, MP2 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,77) 7:club: , 5:spade: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0,15, Hero raises to $0,85, BB folds, MP2 raises to $2,07 (All-In), Hero calls $1,22.

Turn: ($4,91) 4:diamond:
      River: ($4,91) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,91
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi acceleration123,

I would prefer playing aggressively on the flop and get money all-in if he wants so. You very often has there best hand, so you should raise flop to get value from worse hands and then basically shove on any turn card for value and even if you´re behind against two pair, you still get odds to play for stacks on the flop with your tptk+nut fd
      Only reason just to call if you put player on set, but you can´t really do that if he is playing 29/0 and leads 1/4th pot
      Most of the times you take pot down on the flop, sometimes on the turn and even if he has there better you still have a lot of outs to improve
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Against his stack I'd get it in all-day long. :D No way I am folding my TP+nutFD. Actually we could discuss the play preflop while he has just like 50bb stack and might be even just calling and playing postflop against him, although isolating is fine as well.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Thank you even for multiple replies :) .

Always great to get asured that you made the right play when you lose such a hand against a set or such and I wasn´t really sure in this spot if I made the right decision.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Thank you even for multiple replies guys :) .

Always great to get asured that you made the right play when you lose such a hand against a set or such and I wasn´t really sure in this spot if I made the right decision.