$1.49
      SB:
      $0.68
      BB (Hero):
      $1.26
      MP3:
      $0.71

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4.
      MP3 raises to $0.07, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.15) 8, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.45) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.45) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45.

Final Pot: $1.35.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of kings(J A).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and fours(4 4).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and fours(4 4).

Bad guy: 13/9

Maybe check/raise on flop or bet?

What do you think, is it ok to call all in with small pocket pairs against short stacks (like 15BB)? At NL2 there are always some guys that like to go all in with J7.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer leading flop, since you´re ahead a lot of times and you don´t give him free cards, at the same time if he pots it, you should generally fold.
      I guess you can call his river potsize bet once you called flop and he checked back turn. Don´t expect him to have there Kx, since he would usually bet that on the turn, so he would likely bluffing

What do you think, is it ok to call all in with small pocket pairs against short stacks (like 15BB)? At NL2 there are always some guys that like to go all in with J7.
      - problem is that J7 also has 45% equity against your 44. If player is shoving a lot then I´d prefer calling his shove 66+, AT+, KQ, since then it is more likely you´re 70-30 or 63-35 favorite
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Domy76,

Preflop: I'd add that actually I am not really big fan of Calling preflop against such small stacks. Rather just fold it. You ain't getting correct implied odds.

As played
      Postflop: Yes, likely donking is better or as well while you didn't hit the set you could as well just Check/Fold it to avoid any further mistakes since the guy is short-stack. Your plan was to play for set value preflop and then rather keep it this way.

Best regards.