[NL2-NL10] NL2 ATo BB

• Biggles87
      Biggles87
      Bronze
      Hi, for this one, basically I am asking your opinion on my actions in the following hand.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.96
      Hero:
      $2.49

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , T:club:
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.24) 8:heart: , 5:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.32, SB calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.88) T:spade: (2 players)
      SB raises $1.52 (All-In), Hero calls $1.52.

River: ($3.92) K:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.92

Before you look at the results, I just wanted to say that I was getting a feeling on this one (not that I was going to hit, but that something about him was amiss), he had only played a few hands at the table at this point, maybe only 2 so his VP$IP was very high. That in addition to the pre-flop min-raise and his following moves gave me a certain feeling about this one.
      But I didn't fully trust those, as the VP$IP over a couple of hands was hardly a genuine indicator, it was more just a gut feeling that something wasn't right.

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (Qs 9s)
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Ad Tc)

Hero wins with a pair of tens (Ad Tc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Biggles87,

Preflop: You can as well just Call it here but definitely it's possible to raise it up as well.
      Flop: Kinda close actually, if he had some kind of loose/aggressive opponent then I might even skip the raise here and not expect to have much fold equity. Although raising is considerable if you had some good reads.

As played if flop was raised
      Turn: His line doesn't really make sense here, if he had some kind of strong hand then I don't think that he would be shipping it directly here, rather try to trap you. Therefore while you hit your TP then you can consider even going broke against aggressive player.

Best regards.