Nl 400 (QQ)

• Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Hi guys found my self in this situation today..

Just thought ill get some feedback on this situation, i don't have a hand converter but ill try my best to talk you through this..

10 Handed game..

I am on the button and My pocket hand is Q :heart: Q :spade: my stack size is $487.20

Everyone folds and MP1 calls $4 and MP2 Calls $4 all other players fold..

I raise to to $25 and SB Folds, BB Folds, MP1 folds and MP2 reraise to $75...

MP2 stack size $792.40, he is also tight and aggressive, i have also seen him play loose on occasions..

Now is he trying to use his chip stack to an advantage and represent a big hand or does he have a big hand?

So before i tell you what my actions were i would like to know what you guys would do in this position..

another bit of information i have not had much luck with QQ all day long...
  • 5 replies
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      4-bet and call a shove. Either he is not a TAG or he is absolutely terrible. Make a note if he shows aces (I prefer: "IDIOT!" :) )

Reasoning is, with a big hand he won't overlimp to entice other players to limp in and create a multiway pot oop with a big pocket pair, he rather wants to play it headsup vs. one opponent.
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Thank You Sebra

I folded the QQ, my main reason for this was I have lost every QQ hand yesterday and because this guys is unpredictable i decided to fold my hand..

He did show his hand and it was K :heart: K :club:
    • whitefang43
      whitefang43
      Bronze
      nice fold m8
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      I have read in sklansky's book that sometimes to get more action on AA KK you should limp after antother limper if you have a read that somebody is really agressive behind you. It should only be done occasionally. I don't do it. But think about it..

If you have been TAG too you should fold. If you have a loose agressive immage then maybe 4bet..

But in any case.. If he is tag he should understand this concept I described above...

I would 4 bet (minraise). If he has something like JJ/tt/AK this will be a really hard spot for him because the pot is so pumped if he calls. (pot will be 300 on the flop...)

He cannot call with JJ TT and if you have a TAG immage he won't shove. Only AA/ KK will give more action here I guess.... so fold if he pushes after it.

BTW The note you will be making is: Showed his KK after limping and reraising my raise

he could make a move next time with weak cards because you have seen KK last time
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      I would've called if I where him, make up for the earlier mistake.

Btw: how the hell did he manage to get such a big stack? :D