This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Feedback Thread: Equity with Draws

• 2 replies
    • jasny69
      jasny69
      Bronze
      I'm new but after reading Harrington I have a basic understanding of pot odds, hence I scored 72%. Nevertheless I have a few questions.

In regards to question 1, you wrote:

You don't need an equilator for this spot. T-high will rarely be good here, so that leaves you with 8 outs for the OESD and one for the backdoor flushdraw. That means that in an ideal situation you have 9*4 = 36% equity. That will never be enough.

Where is 9*4 coming from? I understand that 9 is number of outs, so what is 4 coresponds to?

Also what is OESD?

How do you estimate range?

Question 4
      Since your opponent's bet is below potsize, you don't even need 33% equity but you have notably more. An absolutely correct call.

Pot size is 4,95 to call cost 2, odds are 2,5:1, of course an easy call, bt my question is how do you come up with this number? 33%?

Question 10
      I answered Fold. But question is again how to come up with that number 41,5% and how to understand it corectly?

Thank you
    • PiersM
      PiersM
      Global
      wow i scored 92% how come im not caressing a huge stack?

i got question 6 wrong and even after reading the explaination i still think i was right.

Anyway this is all well a good but i don't have time to make all these calculations of equity etc during a game i have this constant timer that threatens to fold for me.