Good laydown ?

• killacasey
      killacasey
      Bronze
      ok I was in a hand about 10 minutes ago. NL 5 and 10 cents . I was CO everyone before me had folded I looked at pocket Queens so I raised to 0.40 , big blind raised me to 0.60 I took that as weak and raised it up to 1.80$ he doubled it to 3.60$, I decided to just call and take a look at the flop an ace popped up He checked, I checked he shoved on me and I decided to fold. I think he was holding either AQ, AK s or even AA . I know the rule is to get it all in preflop but do you think It was a good laydown?
  • 4 replies
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      well if i was him i would not re re re raise you with aq or ak....i would fold to all that action with aq pre and would get it all in pre with ak(he does not really want to see a flop with ak) unlikely he flopped a set of aces and pushed all in immediately unless the board was v dangerous,hard to say what he actually had without any history,maybe he simply saw your post flop check as an invite to rep the ace.

i think your fold is hard to evaluate without knowing the type of player he is.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      You can use the Hand Evaluation forums for such questions.

SSS and MSS forums
      BSS forums

Don't you have any information or stats on him?

Against unknown IMHO well played, with some people min-raises actually mean monsters and that definitely seemed to be the case there.
      I'd take his minraise/4-bet line as a good indication of already being beat, you're probably up against at the very least QQ+/AK.
      If you both had big stacks I guess you could still call pre for set value huuuge implied odds, but once Ace flops and he shoves it's probably game over.

Don't take my opinion too seriously because I don't regard myself too highly as a player, would like to see someone better on this :P
    • killacasey
      killacasey
      Bronze
      I dont know how to use all that stuff any help?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Legendary laydawn