$2.58
      BB:
      $2.27
      UTG1:
      $2.01
      UTG2:
      $1.54

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.04, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.14, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.5) 6, Q, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, UTG1 calls $0.35, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($1.2) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, UTG1 calls $0.90.

River: ($3) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Final Pot: $4.2.

The starting hand chart says I am suppose to fold if someone raises, but since my opp's stats is VPIP 51/ Pre-flop 13 and he is min raising. So i decided to 3bet/re-raise in my position.

Should I go all in instead of checking on the river since I'm having a Top Pair + his stack only left with very little amt and he wouldn't fold either? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello slashng,

Preflop: Seems to be fine while he made just a min-raise. Although depends a lot on the opponent as well.
      Postflop: Nah, I wouldn't like go all-in on river, he will anyways have hard time Calling with a lot worse. But of course it depends a lot on the opponent. If he is loose enough to Call us preflop with a lot worse then you can as well consider maybe even shipping the river. But as well if he is rather aggressive player then you might even Check/Call to induce him to bluff his missed draws. But if you rather face a passive player then it would be much better to even just Check/Fold the river because I don't expect them to be very aggressive with a lot weaker Aces while you barreled twice.

Best regards.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      imo villian's range is extremely wide, here and if we vbet the turn like this, we are vbetting the river definitely. if we are check folding river, no reason for us to value bet on the turn since nothing much has changed except Q has improved and whatever that beats us on the turn also beats us on the river and all draws did not improved. also, we cannot check fold the river since its only 30bb to win 210bbs, we only need 14.3% pot odds. that said, betting river is still better than checking since we get alot of reverse implied if we check call; better hands will vbet, worse hands will check behind for free SD. we cannot expect him to bet his bluffs since we will almost never fold anyway with such good odds.
      therefore i dont agree with your analysis.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      imo villian's range is extremely wide, here and if we vbet the turn like this, we are vbetting the river definitely.

Didn't pay much attention to his stack, although I don't agree with you either. If we valuebet the turn this doesn't mean that we ain't getting value by Checking the river to induce some bluffs from any kind of missed draws. And yes, I do as well agree if I took a look at the stacks from now that he doesn't have much anyways left then shipping likely against a station should be fine as well.

if we are check folding river, no reason for us to value bet on the turn since nothing much has changed except Q has improved and whatever that beats us on the turn also beats us on the river and all draws did not improved.

I agree that nothing much changed but we still get value from a lot of draws which are in his range, either a GS or FD. And therefore I would as well bet the turn and rather not Check it at all and then maybe Bet the river or whatever your plan was.

also, we cannot check fold the river since its only 30bb to win 210bbs, we only need 14.3% pot odds. that said, betting river is still better than checking since we get alot of reverse implied if we check call; better hands will vbet, worse hands will check behind for free SD. we cannot expect him to bet his bluffs since we will almost never fold anyway with such good odds.therefore i dont agree with your analysis.

That been said and seen that he had only few cents left then shipping should be fine as well. And if we Bet I don't really think that he would Call there anyways worse hands by that I mean he wont Call with any PPs or anything. He rather has the Ax as well or missed draw or some hand which beats us. Plus I didn't really say that I am Check/Folding there either, I described about my analyze how I would play against specific opponents. But thanks for pointing out.