This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is it still worth to get into FL?

• Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      due to recent events the traffic in my game is pretty much none, so I thought
      about games to play and FLHE came up. I used to play some micro stakes FL few years ago but have no idea how's the traffic, reg:fish ratio and where is the ceiling of where you can get nowadays. Are games higher 3/6 reg infested? Is it even possible to win in mid stakes (3/6+ ?)?

Also pls don't flame me :f_biggrin: I know that with lot of work and dedication it's possible to do anything, but this game has been here for a long time and I really dunno how the games are in 2011 :f_biggrin:
  • 8 replies
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Obviously, going by the HUGE response you've had FL is clearly booming :f_cool:

Personally, I think you should repost this in the Gold FL Discussion forum, that way some of the Low/Mid-stakes players can give you an honest answer about best rooms for traffic, nittiest sites etc.

Best of luck!
    • Sweetlovernr
      Sweetlovernr
      Bronze
      I played a string of playable hands in a row on 6 tables and this was the result:

Ak lost to runner runner
      AKs flush draw on flop and lost to flopped straight after turning TP
      AQ lost TP to runner runner flush
      AA preflop capped, lost to 2 outs
      AJ flopped trips and lost to 2 outs on the river.
      These hands were the only ones I played and this is what happened. I wonder how often your luck comes up like this. Lost $20 in about 15 minutes. Seems at Pokerstars people can chase gut shots and other draws and will get it in. I find some of this stuff unbelievable. LHE is *^%$&^$ Annoying.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Sweetlovernr
      I played a string of playable hands in a row on 6 tables and this was the result:

Ak lost to runner runner
      AKs flush draw on flop and lost to flopped straight after turning TP
      AQ lost TP to runner runner flush
      AA preflop capped, lost to 2 outs
      AJ flopped trips and lost to 2 outs on the river.
      These hands were the only ones I played and this is what happened. I wonder how often your luck comes up like this. Lost $20 in about 15 minutes. Seems at Pokerstars people can chase gut shots and other draws and will get it in. I find some of this stuff unbelievable. LHE is *^%$&^$ Annoying.
      Thats a really helpful post.
    • Sweetlovernr
      Sweetlovernr
      Bronze
      :(

You can lose big at FL - some guy caps preflop with pocket 5s against your AA he flops a set and gets all your money. It takes along time to get back those 10BB..... If that happens 2-3 times a session your done. I lost a buyin with people doing it only on 2 hands. The other buyin was gutshots and runner runner coming in. They chase to the river raise you and your done.
    • TBoombastic
      TBoombastic
      Bronze
      Hey Pincell,

iam one of the player who plays in the midstakes.
      At the moment i play the most time on Full Tilt (Limit 5/10).
      At good times there are enough fishes, but after the black friday there aren't many tables X(
      If you play FL then go to stars.

I think it`s still beatable. I beat the Limit 3/6 with good winrate.
      And i think there are much better player than me.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      sweetlove, it's poker. You have to accept it.

I've just lost 250BB in a few days playing 0.5/1 against absolute retards. That's variance.
      Just because it is FIXED limit, it does not mean that you are not going to experience a downswing.

Best of luck!
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Yep FL is still good. I think stars is probably best.

That said, i havent played NL cash games much. It may be the best option if you intend to play small or microstakes... but i just dont know.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Old thread. :P

However, I'll just leave it there that someone as weak as me has a better winrate on FL than on NL... microstakes.
      I'd guess that some "recreational players" play fixed limit as a way of risking less money.