Is it still worth to get into FL?

• Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      due to recent events the traffic in my game is pretty much none, so I thought
      about games to play and FLHE came up. I used to play some micro stakes FL few years ago but have no idea how's the traffic, reg:fish ratio and where is the ceiling of where you can get nowadays. Are games higher 3/6 reg infested? Is it even possible to win in mid stakes (3/6+ ?)?

Also pls don't flame me :f_biggrin: I know that with lot of work and dedication it's possible to do anything, but this game has been here for a long time and I really dunno how the games are in 2011 :f_biggrin:
  • 8 replies
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Obviously, going by the HUGE response you've had FL is clearly booming :f_cool:

Personally, I think you should repost this in the Gold FL Discussion forum, that way some of the Low/Mid-stakes players can give you an honest answer about best rooms for traffic, nittiest sites etc.

Best of luck!
    • Sweetlovernr
      Sweetlovernr
      Bronze
      I played a string of playable hands in a row on 6 tables and this was the result:

Ak lost to runner runner
      AKs flush draw on flop and lost to flopped straight after turning TP
      AQ lost TP to runner runner flush
      AA preflop capped, lost to 2 outs
      AJ flopped trips and lost to 2 outs on the river.
      These hands were the only ones I played and this is what happened. I wonder how often your luck comes up like this. Lost $20 in about 15 minutes. Seems at Pokerstars people can chase gut shots and other draws and will get it in. I find some of this stuff unbelievable. LHE is *^%$&^$ Annoying.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Sweetlovernr
      I played a string of playable hands in a row on 6 tables and this was the result:

Ak lost to runner runner
      AKs flush draw on flop and lost to flopped straight after turning TP
      AQ lost TP to runner runner flush
      AA preflop capped, lost to 2 outs
      AJ flopped trips and lost to 2 outs on the river.
      These hands were the only ones I played and this is what happened. I wonder how often your luck comes up like this. Lost $20 in about 15 minutes. Seems at Pokerstars people can chase gut shots and other draws and will get it in. I find some of this stuff unbelievable. LHE is *^%$&^$ Annoying.
      Thats a really helpful post.
    • Sweetlovernr
      Sweetlovernr
      Bronze
      :(

You can lose big at FL - some guy caps preflop with pocket 5s against your AA he flops a set and gets all your money. It takes along time to get back those 10BB..... If that happens 2-3 times a session your done. I lost a buyin with people doing it only on 2 hands. The other buyin was gutshots and runner runner coming in. They chase to the river raise you and your done.
    • TBoombastic
      TBoombastic
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Pincell,

iam one of the player who plays in the midstakes.
      At the moment i play the most time on Full Tilt (Limit 5/10).
      At good times there are enough fishes, but after the black friday there aren't many tables X(
      If you play FL then go to stars.

I think it`s still beatable. I beat the Limit 3/6 with good winrate.
      And i think there are much better player than me.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      sweetlove, it's poker. You have to accept it.

I've just lost 250BB in a few days playing 0.5/1 against absolute retards. That's variance.
      Just because it is FIXED limit, it does not mean that you are not going to experience a downswing.

Best of luck!
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Yep FL is still good. I think stars is probably best.

That said, i havent played NL cash games much. It may be the best option if you intend to play small or microstakes... but i just dont know.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Old thread. :P

However, I'll just leave it there that someone as weak as me has a better winrate on FL than on NL... microstakes.
      I'd guess that some "recreational players" play fixed limit as a way of risking less money.