$1.97
      MP3:
      $2.23
      CO:
      $1.73
      BU:
      $4.30

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.07, 4 folds, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.22) 7, A, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, MP2 folds, BB calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.5) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.36, BB raises to $0.65, Hero calls $0.29.

River: ($1.8) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.8.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello slashng,

Flop: There are only few hands which you wanting to make fold and they are like QQ/KK although with them I would rather consider them 3betting preflop. Therefore I'd prefer just to Check behind on flop and reevaluate it on turn.

As played
      Turn: Doesn't make sense to bet anymore, what worse will Call here? And as well only reasonable hand we might get value from is some flushdraw. And not much to do when you decided to go for a bet this means that you wanting to go broke as well. I'd just Check behind here as well and even give it up if any action on river.

Best regards.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i think cbet flop 1/2pot and check/fold is superior than check back evaluate turn. because there's a big part of a range that will fold and although we do not expect too much worse hands to call us, but considering this to be a multiway, we can fold out some equity share of hands like e.g. KQ, 8s9s, 5s6s that could significantly improve on the turn.
      also we get value from flushdraws and even mid PPs if they are loose enough.
      our cbet only needs to work 33% of the time to show profit and we have position to check it down alot.
      therefore i dont agree with your analysis
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      i think cbet flop 1/2pot and check/fold is superior than check back evaluate turn. because there's a big part of a range that will fold and although we do not expect too much worse hands to call us, but considering this to be a multiway, we can fold out some equity share of hands like e.g. KQ, 8s9s, 5s6s that could significantly improve on the turn.

Agree with you as well, that CBetting is an option as well. Although with some stronger PPs like QQ+ definitely I'd even consider Checking behind. With like TT-JJ I am between Checking and betting, although on those limits when they tend to Call with a lot PPs even then you can consider as well betting for value.

our cbet only needs to work 33% of the time to show profit and we have position to check it down alot.therefore i dont agree with your analysis

We ain't likely only doing it for to work but as well we are trying to maximize our value. And should be fine as well to CBet with JJ. Although I still would do a Check behind with hand like QQ/KK. :D Thanks for the input.