The EV-line in HEM

• akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

If you go under the Tourney/Results you can check "Show luck adjusted winnings" which gives a sort of an EV-line I suppose.

Well, the question is: What is this exactly? Is it chipEV? or what? Because atm this is not exactly clear for me.

Thanks a lot!
  • 8 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/120/EV+Explained
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Thanks :) noob me :) will go to faq first with my next question.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      I'm afraid I still couldn't find the answer to my question, or maybe I'm missing something... I understand the meaning of EV, but I don't get how it's implemented if I'm playing SnGs.

Because there are too few ups and downs in the EV line to be chipEV, so I don't get it. Is it consisted by the last allins of the SnGs, or what? Because there are approx as many ups and downs on the EV-line as on the money-line, or something like that.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      To be honest: i have no idea - i hope a user can explain it.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      depends whether your talking about sng's or cash games.. In sng's it's $ev calculated using the ICM model.

In cash games it's simply chipEV which is obviously the same as $ev for cash games.

Remember it's only "ALL IN luck adjustment" and doesn't adjust any luck except when you go all in.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input. Yes, I understand that it only calculates when I go allin, but I'm still not sure what this means:

Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      In sng's it's $ev calculated using the ICM model.
      What ICM model? Is it an EV only calculated in my last allin, or what? Because I kinda counted yesterdays "fractures" on the EV-line and they're the exact same amount as the numbers of games I played, so it can't be all the showdowns EVs, or are the EVs summed up by tournaments by some means?

Also, the "X axis" of the graph is tourneys, so I'm not sure what to make of that EV-line, it's pretty confusing.

Also, what ICM model? ICM based on the cards shown by me and villain at allin? So it would be a bit different from chip-EV, I guess (which you can find in PokerTracker, and in my opinion its almost useless, but this is equally useless unless I can find out what it is).

So should I write to support?

Thanks for the help from everyone and anyone :)

EDIT: I undertand what ICM is, so no need to explain the working of that :) I'm just confused about that graph :)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      The EV line is the same as the "green" line except it has been all in luck adjusted.
      If for example you go win a pot in the showdown without going all in your EV line goes up as well as your "green" line.
      On the other hand if you go all in with your AA and 22 calls and wins. your EV line goes up ~80% of the value of the pot while the green line drops.

The all in luck adjusted line calculates the probability of all the all in action going on. So it also luck adjusts when the other players at your table collide.
      Because other players colliding in sng's obviously has a lot of affect on your outcome.

The EV is calculated from every all in that happened in the tourney as well as any other winnings obviously. Except nothing is luck adjusted except the all in spots.

on the graph the EV line is summed up for each tourney. Giving you more of an idea how your graph would look if there wasn't any luck in poker after going all in.

Icm based on everyones cards if they're all in.

And yeah it's completely different from chipEV.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hlynkinn, thanks a lot for the info, especially this part :)
      You cleared things out for me pretty well, thank you :)

Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      The EV is calculated from every all in that happened in the tourney as well as any other winnings obviously. Except nothing is luck adjusted except the all in spots.

on the graph the EV line is summed up for each tourney. Giving you more of an idea how your graph would look if there wasn't any luck in poker after going all in.

Icm based on everyones cards if they're all in.

And yeah it's completely different from chipEV.