Dealing with a limp-reraise

• Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      So, a little quiz, the game is NL200SH:

Preflop. Someone limps before you. Everybody folds. You raise with the hands specified under, and the limper reraises:

- Assume opponent is TAG. What's your action when you're on the button and hold:

JJ, QQ, AQ, AK?

- Same situation as above, but opponent is LAG.

- Assume opponent is TAG. What's your action when you're in one of the blinds and hold:

JJ, QQ, AQ, AK?

- Same situation as above, but opponent is LAG.
  • 5 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Due to the overwhelming success of this thread, I'll start myself.

On the button:
      JJ:
      Tight: If I don't get the odds for setmining, I fold. otherwise, call. On the flop I'm not inclined to make any move unless I hit my set.
      Loose: Basically the same.
      QQ:
      Tight: I call and see a flop. If it doesn't contain overcards, I call one bet and fold to a second barrel.
      Loose: Depends on how loose he exactly is, so it varies between 4-betting and calling a push, or the same as above.
      AQ:
      Tight: Fold. Hitting a Q is very dangerous, and hitting an A will probably either not pay off or run into a set of A's.
      Loose: Tough one. Suited I might call but proceed with caution. Offsuit I fold.
      AK:
      Tight: I call and see a flop. If it's A with two low cards, I go all the way with the hand. If I hit a K, I call one bet and fold to a second one. If I don't hit, easy fold.
      Loose: 4-bet and call a push.

In one of the blinds:
      JJ:
      Tight: If I don't get the odds for setmining, I fold. otherwise, call. On the flop I'm not inclined to make any move unless I hit my set.
      Loose: Basically the same.
      QQ:
      Tight: I call and see a flop. If it doesn't contain overcards, I donk and probably fold if he calls or raises.
      Loose: Depends on how loose he exactly is, so it varies between 4-betting and calling a push, or the same as above.
      AQ:
      Tight: Fold. Hitting a Q is very dangerous, and hitting an A will probably either not pay off or run into a set of A's.
      Loose: Fold.
      AK:
      Tight: Not really sure. I tend to fold though. Any thoughts?
      Loose: Depends on how loose he exactly is, so it varies between 4-betting and calling a push, or call and see a flop first. If I hit I probably go all the way unless the board is scary.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      thanks for the topic and answers, I would've given my own, but I think all of them would've been wrong :D I never knew what to do against limp/reraises in cashgames... btw would you play the same way on NL100? The average level is lower, I suppose, so would that change anything?
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I'm not saying my answers are right, I just opened this topic to see what others think, because I usually am clueless as well. So I wrote it down in this topic to give it some thought.
      Concerning the answers if it was NL100, I don't think it would change much because if you use stats to identify someone as loose/tight, you already have a feeling for the level of play of your opponent. The situations and problems postflop basically remain the same I think.
    • whitefang43
      whitefang43
      Bronze
      well i'll have to say, that it would depend on the position at the table, mine and his, was he in a position to trying to steal or not, but thats just my opinion, and if i'm wrong please tell me why :D
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Agree with your moves.
      AK from blinds, see instructional hand #1 2008.
      I would call pf and on the flop c-bet and fold to a raise if I dont hit. If I hit A or K push and if raised go allin. You have odds even against KK+, AK (equity 33.9%)