My account was locked

• pjauga2
      pjauga2
      Bronze
      Hello,

I have been poker player more than year now. I was mainly playing on FT/STARS
      and overall I'm winning player. The problem was that I very enjoyed HU games
      but I couldn't find appropriate stakes on these sites. So I took my starting capital on william hill. So i started playing NL10 Hu games on william hill. I was doing quite good generated 15$ rake and 22$profit. And despite I had only 5 BI at that level the variance wasn't so high as I expected, probably because of my TAG style and soft players.
      And one day the terrible thing happened. I sat down with some "retard" player and he started to dump chips to me. He was leaving few cents behind and folding to a shove, I thought "what an idiot". I didn't thought anything bad so I took all his money. And I won more than 4 BI from him by doing that.
      But after around 15 minutes my account was instantly locked. I sent a letter to william hill , explained everything, sent my Id , address, even agreed that my profits from that sessions will be confiscated. But what they said is that I was involved into "irregular betting patterns" and my account can no longer be reopened . So I lost more than 100$.
      I am completely desperate now. I know that I am right but I don't know how o prove it. I think what happened is that my opponent dumped chips to wrong player by mistake . Maybe someone from pokerstrategy community can help me and explain my situation to william hill. They are completely ignoring me and just responding with template letters.

P.S

My william hill account name is call911plz
  • 9 replies
    • boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      I very much doubt anyone would dump chips to the wrong player.
      Also if you was in the right why did you just agree for them just to confiscate the money from your session? after all you won if fair and square.

Heard a couple of cases of accounts just being locked for no real reason other that inconsistant betting patterns.
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      I would
    • boxface
      boxface
      Bronze
      Fair play. You fancy playing heads up?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pjauga2
      Hello,

but I couldn't find appropriate stakes on these sites. So I took my starting capital on william hill. So i started playing NL10 Hu games on william hill. I was doing quite good generated 15$ rake and 22$profit. And despite I had only 5 BI at that level the variance wasn't so high as I expected, probably because of my TAG style and soft players.
      And one day the terrible thing happened. I sat down with some "retard" player and he started to dump chips to me. He was leaving few cents behind and folding to a shove, I thought "what an idiot". I didn't thought anything bad so I took all his money. And I won more than 4 BI from him by doing that.
      But after around 15 minutes my account was instantly locked. I sent a letter to william hill , explained everything, sent my Id , address, even agreed that my profits from that sessions will be confiscated. But what they said is that I was involved into "irregular betting patterns" and my account can no longer be reopened . So I lost more than 100$.
      I am completely desperate now. I know that I am right but I don't know how o prove it. I think what happened is that my opponent dumped chips to wrong player by mistake . Maybe someone from pokerstrategy community can help me and explain my situation to william hill. They are completely ignoring me and just responding with template letters.

P.S

Hi pjauga2,

Sorry to read about your situation.

Could you please email our customer support and they will guide you to the right direction. Please explain them the situation and keep me posted here as well.

Ingrid
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      I didn't thought anything bad so I took all his money. And I won more than 4 BI from him by doing that.
      It seems like another starting capital was involved in this :) Write your screen name and opponent screen name please.
    • ClimbingPussy
      ClimbingPussy
      Bronze
      If it really was ur starting capital - it's impossible to play HU. U first have to generate 50$ rake before PS and WH allow u to play HU.

With regard to chip dumping. I had a couple of situations like that in DoNs. Chipleader raises to 1200 (low stack BB having 1220). BB pushes AI 1220. Chipleader folds. ?(

I quite often got the impression that i was playing against bots. Strange.

After clearing the bonus i will cash out, delete the software and never play on WH again.
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      Hello,

P.S

your story is fake
    • mariobros00
      mariobros00
      Bronze
      i think the guy who dumped his chips must have been a Pokerstrategy player who got sick of the stupid starting capital, i dont think any of us discovered Pokerstrategy before joining a poker room FT/PS, that makes the restrictions on the starting capital a complete nonsense, if we are supposed to be beginners we would eventually go broke no matter how much is the BR, and worse, WilliamHill dont even have any freerolls for "beginners" to practice the software and the 10 players game, as for the Pokerstrategy $100 freeroll the timing is completely inconvenient and unless they make it a $700 weekly freeroll or something like that i'm not really seeing myself ever playing it, at least the prize pool would be a bit juicier to be worth a 5+ hours tourny, or they could use a small % of our rake that they give monthly as a reward to the big rollers to juicy up the freeroll tourny, at least we would practice the software for free and we can grow our BR up quickly.

honestly i only joined Pokerstrategy for the strategy videos, but the ones i need are the GOLD ones, the ones available for me now are just teaching me things i've already learned the hard way playing at FT, and to reach the GOLD rank seems to be a long way to go playing NL0.05/0.10 against extremely tight players. as for the $1 rebuy tourny is a complete torture playing against players who donk every hand and get rewarded, like when you raise preflop and half the table goes all in, lol.

like today i raised preflop with K:spade: Q:club: on MP2, BU re-raised me, i called, the flop came 2:diamond: 4:heart: 10:heart: , i checked and he bet half his stake, i was steaming and i called, the turn came Q:heart: , i checked and he moved all in, i called and he shows me 3:heart: 6:heart: , next thing i know i'm busted out :tongue:

hopefully i have almost 400WH points and soon i'll be playing their $1000 freeroll if i have enough patience to play cash games, i basically just steal the blinds or call big raises with a pocket pair hoping to get a set and make a dollar or two. :D

anyway, i hope pokerstrategy folks will review their rules on the starting capital because it doesnt make sense "to me", so we can keep doing business.
      because until now i feel like it's business for Pokersrategy and slavery for us.
      and i'm no slave to anyone :D

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • AngryJack7
      AngryJack7
      Bronze
      @up
      you've just written down a good example of a bad play