Hey!

• Bloodstreaks
      Bloodstreaks
      Bronze
      Hey all, I'm Edd, a relative newbie in the poker world, I've only been playing for about a year, and that's mainly live events at the university society. Still fairly young, so chose William Hill poker to have the free $50 on - though my friend also convinced me to sign up to PokerStars (hoping that the site wont go down permanently for the UK users too).

I've spent the past couple of days reading through a few of the online guides, watching some videos online too, just to try and see what the difference is between and live and online, see if I can try and get the proper tricks sorted before I start playing.

- Edd
  • 2 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Edd,

Welcome to our community!

I hope you'll enjoy playing at William Hill =) please do visit our William Hill forum board and meet the other community members who plays there, see what they have to say.

So, what is your opinion ~ difference between playing online or live poker? Would be interesting to hear it.

See you on the forum
      Ingrid
    • Bloodstreaks
      Bloodstreaks
      Bronze
      Well, my live experience is somewhat limited as well - a year and a half or so of playing at the society, where the standard is not the best, but its not awful either, and a few proper live events - the £33 SPC and a couple of freerolls too, but online people seem to take more risks, it seems as if when they play, they're certain their hand is the nuts, and will shove with it, regardless of pot size, which, normally doesn't seem to work out terribly well for them when they have to show the bluff after another person calling them. Seems a little crazy to me!

I'm yet to play a proper cash game online though, I've had a little luck when playing with friends, but nothing too spectacular... I'm more of a tournament/sit n go player, it would seem, though maybe I should try my luck on the cash tables... Unsure at the moment though ?(

And thanks for the tip - I'll go post in there now :)

- Edd