$18.15
      BU:
      $42.10
      SB:
      $42.20
      BB:
      $1.70

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BU calls $1.25, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 7, J, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, BU calls $2.25.

Turn: ($7.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($7.75) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BU raises to $17.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.75.

Villain is 36/18 in 20 hands. Should I've played this hand differently?
  • 9 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey viccini,

Why not bet turn for value? You just lose value if you don't bet there.

As played, you have to fold to river raise, there's a lot of 2-pairs in his range.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey viccini,

Why not bet turn for value? You just lose value if you don't bet there.

As played, you have to fold to river raise, there's a lot of 2-pairs in his range.

Best regards,
      burek2000
      Hello burek! I didn't bet turn trying to control the pot and trying to keep his looser range in game. This way I hope he bets his weaker hands or call my bet looser on the river and at the same time I loose less when I'm behind. Is it a bad play?

Against a calling station I think I would problably bet turn for value.

And what if I bet turn and he raises? I would have to fold again as well, right?

thx! :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well tells me you don't know what pot control is:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/Pot-Control/
      Pot control
      A move is described as being for pot control if it's aim is to determine the size of the pot, either by making it large or keeping it small.
      The latter is usually the case if you have a good but not great hand and do not want to play over a lot of money.

Pot control can be effected by manipulating your own bet size, e.g. making it smaller than normal. It can also mean forgoing a bet or calling instead of raising.

Let me know what you think
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv.

It can also mean forgoing a bet or calling instead of raising.

Let me know what you think
      I usually check/call this turn so I won't play a big pot with a good but not great hand (pot control). Also I show weakness by checking the turn oop and the opponent might float (bluff induce). Right? :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      People can't handread anyway but you might induce a 1 barrel bluff (the Turn) in which you check/call

And what do you do then when he fires on the River? You know he mostly bluffs 1 street.

Essentially OOP play means you mostly have to vbet yourself because he can easily check back the River hence missing value from your side

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      People can't handread anyway but you might induce a 1 barrel bluff (the Turn) in which you check/call

And what do you do then when he fires on the River? You know he mostly bluffs 1 street.

Essentially OOP play means you mostly have to vbet yourself because he can easily check back the River hence missing value from your side

- Gerv
      When he fires turn + river I usually fold unless he's a very agressive opponent. I think most players won't bluff or bet turn + river with worse hands at this limit.

If he checks behind turn (but this kind of player usually floats) I'll bet/fold river.

I usually bet/fold turn + river against calling stations only or when I have a connected flop. Should I bet/fold dry boards on the turn against agressive players as well? I think I can be bluffed out of the pot very often, specially when a flushdraw comes on the turn.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you mean by getting bluffed out ?
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What do you mean by getting bluffed out ?
      :D For example if the turn brings a Q:heart: and he has A:heart: J:heart: . If I bet/fold the turn I'll be folding the best hand.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I don't think he turns his hand into a bluff because that is what he is doing with A:hJ

So with KK here it is a mandatory Double - and if not a Triple - barrelpot

Best regards,
      Gerv