Micro limit attempt

• Pasimimuda
      Pasimimuda
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,
      Here is my humble contribution to the community. I decided to post my graphs and hands here. I hope someone (including me) will be learning from my mistakes in the process.
      I have been playing poker for 2 years now without some success. Lost my pokerstrategy bankroll, but fortunately they gave me another one on fultillt.
      I almost lost this too, but thanks to their take 2 promotion I managed to get it back to reasonable amount.
      Hope you all might help me to build my game.
      I play LAG style, suited connectors and small pairs from almost every position if unraised, otherwise only from middle and late. That makes some 43% range. Preflop raise 8%. C-bet 77 percent.
      Aggression factor (according to poker edge) is 50 %.
      My goal is to find my game and get start beating micro limits.
      For now I hope to get to 50$ again within this month.
  • 7 replies
    • Pasimimuda
      Pasimimuda
      Bronze
      [img][IMG]https://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8031/flashe.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      That's easy, stop playing lag. :)
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      you cant play lag in micros.To play lag you must play against thinking opponents
    • Pasimimuda
      Pasimimuda
      Bronze
      Ok guys thank for your advice. I will tighten up a little and try to show more patience. And the results will be posted here as soon as possible.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I have to agree with gadget and belthazor, but here's some extra info from 2+2 (a very good poker forum, basically the premium strategy forum) about LAGs, so you know exactly why you should play TAG instead:

"So other than the textbook definition, what is a LAG? A LAG is simply a TAG on steroids. A LAG plays more hands, they play them more aggressive, and because of this, must be solid on more levels. It is important to emphasize this...because LAG play is NOT for everyone. If you do not have your fundamentals down, if you do not understand most spots you get into, if you cannot quickly come up with an optimal, or near-optimal, line...then LAG is not for you. If you are not a winning TAG player, there is no chance you will be a successful LAG. A LAG is a solid player that understands situations, adjustments, and the 'secret' ingredient that makes him successful, well-timed pressure."

"I've mentioned a few times that fundamentals are way more important while playing LAG. In saying that, it should also be noted that your misunderstandings will be amplified, as the situation will arise more often. So if you CB poorly, then seeing that spot more often is going to burn you more money. If you don't double barrel well, then you are going to be less profitable postflop. Again, if you cannot play a TAG style well, then adding more spots postflop is just going to murder your WR."

So yeah. LAG is fine, even at the micros, in the opinion of the guy who wrote that guide, but if you want to play a good LAG, you must learn to be a TAG first. One more piece of advice, if you would like to transition to a good LAG someday:

"One of the things that helped me play LAG was looking into my TAG game. I found the situations that made me shudder while playing TAG. If I faced a raise on a certain board, and hated life because of it, I noted it. If I hated certain turn cards, I noted it. While transitioning into a LAG I took all of these spots that made TAG-me shudder...and applied them. If I as a TAG, say 13/12, hated a certain spot...why wouldn't 90% of other TAGs feel the same way? This helped give me a framework for looking at pressure situations and learning how to explore new ones while implementing them into my own game."

So take some good notes, and good luck at the tables!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      43/8 is really really bad style if u wana play lag u shud defo be more like 32/28 or smth. But I much more recommend a style like 26/24, its like the nuts @ micros if u can be selectively aggressive and play postflop properly. You are obviously open limping alot which is super terrible, thats not lag, thats loose-passive/weak.
    • Pasimimuda
      Pasimimuda
      Bronze
      That is all great stuff, thank you all for your 2 cents. :)
      I reduced my range, it will take couple of thousands hands for the result to show, but I definitely play more patiently now. Stopped bluffing, except when I have a read on sb, for fold equity is zero with so low stakes, everyone keep calling.
      If someone can share the range they have successfully played it would be great. The standard BSS chart I found here is really helpful, for 6max but I will try to adjust it to my style, something original. :f_cool: