pokerstars and full tilt volume+skill

• belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      I see many people whining about the traffic in full tilt and pokerstars.Only me i am not dissapointed about the traffic?I mean in the 5.50$ and 11$ sit n go there is good volume of players.I think the game is a little but harder but without big difference.What is your opinion about these?( volume and players skill)
  • 12 replies
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      I actually don't mind it, now the tourney's don't have thousands of people(i play lower limits) so its a bit nice, I mean full tilt still has avg 40K ppl, I dont think thats all bad considering other poker rooms have less than 10k, right?
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Try logging on in 5 hours on American night times :P That's when the difference is huge!
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Try logging on in 5 hours on American night times :P That's when the difference is huge!

in how many hours from now?
    • ro1chwvd
      ro1chwvd
      Bronze
      I do see a difference. I play micro 9max normal speed SNGs on Fulltilt.

Before Z-Day the blinds were at most 100/200 around heads-up or three handed, but now, the games take much longer. I don't mind, I even do a little better now...
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ro1chwvd
      I do see a difference. I play micro 9max normal speed SNGs on Fulltilt.

Before Z-Day the blinds were at most 100/200 around heads-up or three handed, but now, the games take much longer. I don't mind, I even do a little better now...
      Yeah i agree what stakes do you play in regular speed?
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Go on now and look at the SNGs. My set of 7 takes lots of minutes to load :( :f_confused:
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Volume on FT is low because a majority of the regs cannot cash out through moneybookers (including me), so FT should be damn soft.

If I can't cash out, I won't play.
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      hows your quest regney? :)

btw I don't see any reason why ppl should freak out because of FTP. They have 2nd best interface on the market, 2nd best volume, one of the best promotions and one of the worst customer service.

But hell. Who cares? They've got the best, fastest and softestestest game in the world!

People should stop freakin out and start playing :) Take ur rolls away and start the grind with $ 50 :s_evil:
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mattisks

btw I don't see any reason why ppl should freak out because of FTP. They have 2nd best interface on the market, 2nd best volume, one of the best promotions and one of the worst customer service.

But hell. Who cares? They've got the best, fastest and softestestest game in the world!

People should stop freakin out and start playing :) Take ur rolls away and start the grind with $ 50 :s_evil:
      Eh, I keep my quest on my blog. Short version: got ass kicked NL25, studied alot afterwards, moved down limit and now I'm almost ready to try NL25 again with a bankroll of $1500. (I need to feel comfortable losing 10-20 stacks to apply my A-game)

Most regulars including my friends (who plays higher limits) won't feel safe/comfortable unless they know their money is safe by cashing a part of it out.

I'd agree that FT is very soft due the US-maniacs. US-maniacs left, so thats -ev. But alot regs stopped playing there so thats +ev. I don't think there is a major skill change on stars + FT. Don't stay on tables with full of regs and your fine.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      So nobody can cash out using Moneybookers, even from Europe?
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by mattisks

Eh, I keep my quest on my blog. Short version: got ass kicked NL25, studied alot afterwards, moved down limit and now I'm almost ready to try NL25 again with a bankroll of $1500. (I need to feel comfortable losing 10-20 stacks to apply my A-game)

Most regulars including my friends (who plays higher limits) won't feel safe/comfortable unless they know their money is safe by cashing a part of it out.

I'd agree that FT is very soft due the US-maniacs. US-maniacs left, so thats -ev. But alot regs stopped playing there so thats +ev. I don't think there is a major skill change on stars + FT. Don't stay on tables with full of regs and your fine.
      lol. After my question I've spotted that it is actually link so I went to check it out. You have some nice work behind mate :f_cool:

I am probably the last one worried. I just wish more ppl to come so we can play some faster tables up there.. I didn't have to open pokertracker yet to know almost everyone on RUSH poker NL5 :) I will soon move up. Especially with the crazy volumes I put in. I want to make 2k points a day in the future. I just hope that atleast about 40k core ppl will stay. Regs or not I will learn how to beat them in their own game :s_cool:
    • ro1chwvd
      ro1chwvd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belthazorrrr
      Yeah i agree what stakes do you play in regular speed?
      1$