How important is a personal coach for cash games?

• DianaGrosu
      DianaGrosu
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I have a little question and i need some oppinions.
      What can a poker coach for a student? How can you teach someone to play better?Can't that person learn from the videos, articles etc?
      I don't say that a coach is not good but i am not ready yet to get one , i just need some inside info from you guys. I was thinking some of you had private coaching and of course we have some extremlly good coaches here :D
      The videos are greate...very good explication for actions made at the table.
      Thank you
  • 13 replies
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      It should be alot easier to learn if you have a coach by your side.

The coach will be able to point out the flaws you have in your game and tell you how to fix these leaks, and possibly recommend videos for you to watch.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Not worth investing into a coach untill NL50, if you can't beat that limit.

NL2 to NL10 is easy beatable if you spend enough time and have a good poker mindset.

NL25 gets somewhat harder but should be beatable but you must adjust your play even more towards the villains.

If you beat NL25 fast than NL50 isn't hard as well but you might need a good coach to find some leaks so you can crush NL50 and be ready for NL100.
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      i was thinking that getting a coach now is a bit of waste of money, but i was thinking for the next steps..NL25,NL50 etc
      So you guys say that is good to have a persona with experience near you.
    • DianaGrosu
      DianaGrosu
      Bronze
      sounds interesting....I would love to hear a reply from a coach
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      probly worth it but im way to cheap. After im done my 1k bonus I was thinking of trying some coaching starting real cheap as low as 10$/hour for micro players depending on interest and to see if im any good at it
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      probly worth it but im way to cheap. After im done my 1k bonus I was thinking of trying some coaching starting real cheap as low as 10$/hour for micro players depending on interest and to see if im any good at it
      How low? NL5? :f_biggrin:

Edit: Might be looking for NL25 (or NL50) as well.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      possibly looking for some help on NL25 if you decide to coach target
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      as high as nl50 fr nl25 sh is whats id say im qualified for
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      as high as nl50 fr nl25 sh is whats id say im qualified for
      Signed up if this a real offer.

Mr Mardy Bum on skype if you really are intending to coach then I'll happily take you up on the offer.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      this wont be for 2 weeks wont wanna play poker after 21 days of 21000 hands lol
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I coach freerolls for 150$/hour

add me on skype if interested
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I've had TwiceT & currently have Shootaa as coach and in order to get a sort of second opinion on your current games, a coach is really good.

Mostly it comes down if you want either
      1) A check-up (monthly or bi-weekly)

or

2) Seriously need help to fine tune your game because you were break-even at a long stretch of hands

the 2) obviously needs more time with the coach but he can pinpoint where you can start improving whereas you already attempted to find that by self-study
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      It could take you 2 years to realise a leak, as a coach I can usually find the leak in the firs couple of sessions.

Ironing out 1 leak = saving alottttttttttttttt of money in the long run.