Things I swear I'll never do again

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I told myself I'd never do this again. Then I did. Then I swore this was the last time. And then I just did it again like an idiot. Sounds familiar in any way? The actions I'm talking about include:

- bluffing for my entire stack
      - tilt-shoving a random hand after I just lost a flip for the fifth time in a row
      - calling three barrels with just top pair medium kicker
      - continue playing after I did all of the above

Might add more later, but for now I'm off. Going to destroy someone's property to make myself feel better.

EDIT: I don't really plan on never doing any of these again, but at the time of posting I was doing those things excessively to the point where not doing any at all would mean a significant improvement of my winrate.
  • 57 replies
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Wow even plats have this problem?? I know everyone is different ,but for more information are you a aggressive or passive player?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      not make up general rules for what plays are right and wrong
    • Classified181
      Classified181
      Bronze
      LoL, sounds like a few of my online weekends over the past couple of years. Lose 4-5 all-in flip situations, couple of nut shoves fished off by spew spew rivers, so ofc tilt a few more buy-ins off. Then decide (in a rage filled half drunk stuper) to step up a couple of stakes to some 1/2, 2/4 hu, win a decent amount back playing well, alls good again-lifes ok now-have another JD. Keep playing until i hit that next beat or cooler that sends it all rushing back in to the online money cycle, wow what a rush, damn, FML! So i have swore to never do this again and by never depositing any of my live bankroll online in the future, it can not happen. GL in your endevour to defeat your poker demons Berzerger, keep us updated ;)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      Wow even plats have this problem??
      Volume and skill are not explicitly related.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      Wow even plats have this problem?? I know everyone is different ,but for more information are you a aggressive or passive player?
      Aggressive, sometimes too aggressive for my own good though. And as already mentioned, I'm really just a fish, the platinum status is based on rake.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      not make up general rules for what plays are right and wrong
      +1
    • Bendafatman
      Bendafatman
      Bronze
      loool. i have the exact same problem. ive taken $50 up to $200 and then blown it. about 7 times now?

><
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      are you a aggressive or passive player?

He´s going to destroy someone´s property to make himself feel better? Do you think he is passive? :f_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • Classified181
      Classified181
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sindeon
      are you a aggressive or passive player?

He´s going to destroy someone´s property to make himself feel better? Do you think he is passive? :f_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
      LoL, or is it a false tell??? ;) ?(
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Stuff such as;

"Never bluffing for my whole stack"

and

"Never calling three barrels with top pair medium kicker"

you should really consider. Poker is so situational and there is 1000000% going to be times when they are the right play.

Tilt shoving your whole stack I can understand and playing above your bankroll I can understand but from a strategical aspect you should never disregard one play completely.
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger

ummm how are u platinum?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by clawindsouza

ummm how are u platinum?
      Because you can get platinum on nl10 if you multitable?
    • achschelo
      achschelo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bendafatman
      loool. i have the exact same problem. ive taken $50 up to $200 and then blown it. about 7 times now?

><
      Wow, I'm only up to 4 or 5, but hey, you registered a while before I did.
      I guess I can join the spewtilt club :(
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Stuff such as;

and

you should really consider. Poker is so situational and there is 1000000% going to be times when they are the right play.

Tilt shoving your whole stack I can understand and playing above your bankroll I can understand but from a strategical aspect you should never disregard one play completely.
      Never is a strong word, but regularly making such plays on NL20 makes me lose a lot of money earned by playing painstakingly long hours. And then I end up staring at my screen in disbelief, wondering what the hell inspired me to do something that stupid. Therefore the thread...
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze

ummm how are u platinum?
      Condescend much?
    • ok1234ok
      ok1234ok
      Bronze
      NIce post,
    • Biggles87
      Biggles87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Stuff such as;

and

Never is a strong word, but regularly making such plays on NL20 makes me lose a lot of money earned by playing painstakingly long hours. And then I end up staring at my screen in disbelief, wondering what the hell inspired me to do something that stupid. Therefore the thread...
      I'm the same. Hours of good solid play. Only to do something so completely and utterly stupid it staggers belief and you'd have assumed I had never even seen a poker chip before.
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze

ummm how are u platinum?
      Condescend much?
      haha sorry...

1) i was on tilt coz of a sick beat by a mothr fker who kept pushing every hand...

2) you were prob on tilt too while making the first post..

i prob shouldve been nicer..
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Don't berate Berz for being platinum. At least he plays NL10. I still play NL4 and am the fakest silver member in recorded history. I really should be a basic member at -8 bb/100 so far. Those numbers aren't good enough even for a microstakes regular!

PokerStrategy really should come up with a member ranking system that reflects our play level and winrate rather than the rake we've paid. I once saw a guy who donked off his starting $50 capital at the NL10 tables in half an hour--and he was silver!