$54.85
      MP1:
      $40.75
      MP2:
      $50.00
      MP3:
      $20.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      7 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9) K, Q, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($19) T (2 players)
      SB bets $13.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $19.
  • 7 replies
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      I would also fold the turn, donk flop donk turn in a 3bet pot is insane strenght imo
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I rather would put him some kind of draw, air or tp type hand adn AK is definitely strong enough hand to play for stacks postflop in 3-bet pot, so I´d raise to 14$ and shove on blank turn card
      He would call us down KJ, KQ, sometimes shove himself smt like AJ
      Since one of the worst cards came on the turn then fold is fine
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @kaitz: i was sweating him this hand. intially i said raise! why did you call. on hindsight, i thought that i call could be ok???
      if we raise here, ofc would be easy if he'd call, since then we are usually ahead and will get the $ in anway on later streets. but if he raise go broke here, do we fold?he's only going broke with KJ/KT worse, with JT/KQ/99 all in his go broke range.
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      I am never raising here
      if we raise, only hand that we beat here can be KJ cause I assume he owuld fold all the others
      maaaybe if we owuld riase to 11 or sth like that he could call w all his GSs
      but if we call he could easilly barrel those GSs and if not he owould at least ch/c the T w em (in which case we get more money in when we are ahead)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      @kaitz: i was sweating him this hand. intially i said raise! why did you call. on hindsight, i thought that i call could be ok???
      if we raise here, ofc would be easy if he'd call, since then we are usually ahead and will get the $ in anway on later streets. but if he raise go broke here, do we fold?he's only going broke with KJ/KT worse, with JT/KQ/99 all in his go broke range.
      I would take it that way:
      - we are at 3-bet pot against 37/26 player blind on blind who donked into KQ9 board where he should expect most of the times c-bet, so he would usually c/r that board with KQ/JTs, 99 rather than bet/3-betting
      So although we don´t likely have too many bluffraising range, AK is imo too strong to just flat and turn it bluff catcher. If he shoves, it sucks, but I´m not folding my hand since I would also bet/shove that if he would c/r and especially if we make it small to 14$ he may spazz out smt like AJ/AT

on hindsight, i thought that i call could be ok???
      - not really sure you need to balance your calling flop range- since you can always slowplay two pair, set , straight. But I guess if you don´t want to play for stacks and want to let him bluff then call should also be fine.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cutegoldfish,

Preflop: You could even do a bigger raise here like $5+ or maybe even more, depending on the looseness of the opponent.
      Postflop: Without history I don't like raising either here on flop. Rather just Call it on flop and reevaluate it on turn and likely Call some X card on turn. But on this one there is not much you can do than fold the hand. Although I am not saying that raising is like very wrong but rather against known opponent. :)

Best regards.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Fish

I think you are ahead on flop and would raise and hope villain calls you with Kx or weaker pair. I think the stats are pretty irrelevant with only 19 hands but I think the donk represent something weak. although because of the bet size I would rather call. I'd shove though to a PSB. on turn I'd fold as too many combos with J now beat you on top of 9T and KT. So I'd play it exactly as you did ;)