[NL20-NL50] NL25FR RUSH preflop squeeze?

• IDidIt4TheLuLz
      I think my initial call here is a bit too loose (being oop and the short stack BB), but before folding preflop I briefly considered shoving all-in. I think that rather often I would get it in heads-up vs the BB for around 4$ with like 7,50$ invested dead from CO and BU (both are unknown).

Do you think that would be a +EV move? What range would you call/shove here? (I think something like 66+, AT+, KQ).

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 8.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BU calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB raises to $3.75, CO calls $3.00, BU calls $3.00, Hero folds.

Flop: ($12) J, A, 9 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35, BU calls $0.35.

Turn: ($13.05) 7 (2 players)
      CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($13.05) 9 (2 players)
      CO checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $13.05.

P.S. Thank you Kaitz20 and veriz for evaluating my previous hands! :f_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      I would likely squeeze myself A8s against CO open. It plays decent postflop, you take initiative and would take pot down often pf or postflop.
      Shove can be one option after BB squeezes, but I´m not really sure if BU would fold after putting in that much pf and I´m not sure you´re ahead BU range. Although I wouldn´t fold my hand since I don´t put co and bu from monsters and very often you can just check your hand down
    • veriz
      Hello IDidIt4TheLuLz,

Basically I like the squeeze here, but it's somewhat close while we don't know the opponents we are against. Either like Calling ain't that much wrong either and fold would be likely the safest play if you really expect the opponent to squeeze that often. Rather squeeze yourself then.

But I would like never-ever push over his squeeze here. Just fold it. :D We just don't beat anything with the A8 against BB even if he has a hand.

And of course you are welcome for the evaluation. :)

Best regards.
    • thazar
      Hi, I would defo squeeze here with A8s. I think calling with speculative hands pre OOP as with suited A especially you often hit a draw and are OOP so lower implied odds , harder to control the pot, and range of villain is wider before action. Also with A8s, if you hit an A we can easilly get a bit attached to the hand and lose some $ that way. So I would avoid calling , take the initiative and definitely fold to the BB squeeze.