Question to grinders

• darknessp92k

I am planning on playing poker full time for summer with sick volume.
      But the question:

What is your opinion on best format to play to achieve best roi% or bb/h?

sit and go's 9man
      big MTT
      SNG MTT with 18-180 players
      NL cash game
      NL heads up cash game
      PLO cash game
      SNG heads up

I am planning to play super turbo HUSNG on full tilt, because its possible to achieve crazy volume playing those.

My skillset is almost equal at all of them, and of course I will study the format to the maximum.
  • 8 replies
    • darknessp92k
      what information I seek is that what is realistic ROI to achieve in basic sit and go's these days, and bb/100 in cash games. :f_confused:
    • paulius112
      Super Turbo HU SNG is really not the best way to get big ROI. There swings are increadebly big. You should try 6-max Cash, regular HU SNG, cash HU, regular one table SNG. Depends on what you like best and what skills you have.
    • bjela
      If you plan to play a lot, play what you like best, not what someone else tells you. There's profit in every game, you just need to find it.

Study -> try -> decide -> play.
    • ragney
      Play what your best at. I know Omaha players who earn like 25bb/100hands easily for example. Also consider having the skills to play 12+ tables as rakeback is a big part of income. (about $400 here monthly)
    • pleno1
      Before you start playing full time, you really should have a proven record at a specific game with a good sample size. Variance can really kill your bankroll so its important that you are well prepared for swings as if you are not used to a game and you run bad for a week you could potentially tilt off your bankroll. I've seen many people do it before so I really don't want to see you do it.

Why not tell us abit about your poker history and we can try and give some sensible suggestions.

Really want to help :f_biggrin:
    • peche025
      IMO NL FR cash probably has the least variance and if you play on FT you can get a good number of hands/hr playing rush without having to multi table like crazy.
    • amplifyd
      Mtts can probs net you the most money and is the easiest at going up in the stakes if you handle the variance.
    • darknessp92k
      I have got 3% roi on super turbo husng, and I love to play heads up in all formats. Started thinking that might be best not to play super turbos because of the sick variance, but I definetely think I can beat them.

Turbo headsup and headsup shootouts are not a bad choice but imo its not possible to achieve that big of a volume there, but maybe the roi replaces volume there, I have got some nice cashes over MTT HU shootouts aswell, roi on those atleast 400% with one big cash and lots of min cashing, just that these are not scheduled very often.

I also got skills to end up winning in cash NL pretty good, in rush and normal table. Cant say exact numbers because I have not focused that much on my actual stats in cash, just played it aside tournaments.

SNGs are one of my favourites aswell, and especially matrix ones on FTP. I am capable of playing almost max amount of tables. Say atleast 10% roi is reasonable in turbos. Only played normal speed sng's on steps tournaments.

I haven't got cashed in sunday million or any other big tournament so Im not real confident relying on those, even if I got atleast basic skills to win tournaments and pretty much know every aspect of the game. What worries me is what to do when things go to worst case scenario mode and get stuck with bad downswing.

Rush on demand tournaments is one option with a real soft field (atleast it was with americans) and I've got some nice cashes there, just not sure if I can cope with variance since I have not played these on a daily basis.

PLO is one big option, and I got a real nice coach on that one. For this aswell I dont have that many statistics of myself, just know that I am definetely on the winning side and see myself as a advanced player. Thing that worries is PLO variance.

Dont really have to worry about hard tilts during summer because this is what Im going to do and I want this too much to fail. Now before summer Im trying to get better at avoiding tilt and how to control myself at rough times, and handling more tables at once.