UTG+1 ($53)
      CO ($50)
      Hero ($50)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $1.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($5.75) 6:heart: T:heart: A:spade:

SB checks, UTG bets $3.83, Hero calls $3.83, SB calls $3.83

TURN ($17.24) 6:heart: T:heart: A:spade: 4:heart:

SB checks, UTG bets $8.62, Hero calls $8.62, SB raises to $19.74, UTG folds, Hero calls $11.12

RIVER ($65.34) 6:heart: T:heart: A:spade: 4:heart: K:diamond:

SB raises to $48.79 (AI), Hero ?

preflop i flat the open from the lag with AQ which i think is ok. he folds to 3bet 40% so didnt want to inflate the pot needlessly. but station calls along

flop is quite good for us, we have tp2k and backdoor nutflush draw. lag cbets and i thought of raising here but i call to keep worse hands in the pot like Axrag. maybe raising is better to protect from FD but i wasnt overly worried about it as i had blockers and the Ace hi (which eliminates Ax suited FD in their range)

turn completes flush, and lag barrels. i feel that my hand was still good vs the lag and i feel i still get great odds even against sets if station calls behind. but fml, station reraises and now i feel we are behind him. but i made the call because i had to call $11 in a pot of $54 so i get 6:1 and i still have the nutflush draw. not very sure about this either.

river is K and he shoves. i am pretty sure im behind now but can i fold $24 to a $79 pot?
  • 6 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Fold turn, we're only beating bluffs.
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by ragney
      Fold turn, we're only beating bluffs.
      this. since he has a flush almost always you have only 7 outs and not even guaranteed to get the rest of his stack.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yup ur right. turn was pretty crucial imo. really tanked a bit there. wasnt sure if my odds were still reasonable.
      thanks.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I wouldn´t fold tp+nut fd against his small turn c/r, since we´re getting 17% that is generally the correct pot odds and if he has there K or Q high flush I doubt he is going to c/r if we improve to better flush+ he can also do that sometimes with two pair, so out Q might also be good sometimes.
      I´d fold river- you have to put him on complete semibluff on the turn to call river ans station would not just bluff that spot
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Problem is if you hit your nutflush villain most likely won't stack off.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Even if he doesn't stack off you still get the correct odds to call with your nut draw when he minraises after that action you still have at least 16% equity and you need 17%. And i doubt his folding his Q and K high flushes given the pot odds on the river so you almost always get that 24$ more. But yeah its a very ugly spot when this happens on the turn.

River is obviously a fold since you dont beat anything at that point so even good odds aren't enough when your like never ever good.