[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Qq

• hohoho321
      ! I found the button ! :f_cool:
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , Q:spade:
      CO folds, BU raises to $0,35, Hero raises to $1,05, BB folds, BU calls $0,70.

Flop: ($2,20) 5:club: , 5:heart: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,40, BU raises to $2,80, Hero calls $1,40.

Turn: ($7,80) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7,80

Although I've left villians stats , I didn't have them while playing.I didn't know that he's that nitty . In fact I was following my notes which were saying " Very aggressive , capable of 4bet bluffs ".

So preflop - I should have done a bigger raise for sure .

On the flop - Now I think that is a push/fold situation . Is it ? If I had chance to play it again I would fold after that minbet , because I don't see how can he bluff here after seing me showing a lot strenght . I think that with the raise his range is KK+,A:K: which crush me totally . I don't think that he would turn a JJ-TT into bluff or stack for value . The only problem for the above range is that he would probably 4bet KK/AA - we are deep - he may want to add more money pre and he has 4bet as bluff , so he can easily valuebet this time . So the most credible hand here is A:K: , which suites the history . Against that hand I am coinflip and I could actually call as well as raise , so my decision could not be that wrong.

What do you think ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello hohoho321,

From my few I wouldn't say that I'd fold it directly on flop. There are still hands which we might even win and as well he might maybe even min-raise us with some draws. Therefore while being a bit deeper and wanting him to let the bluffs in play as well I'd as well Call it and reevaluate it on turn and likely would have played the same way.

With 3betting on flop we will just isolate mostly against better hands that's the problem. He could easily have a lot better hand and with worse he will just Call but while we Call him and maybe even let him continue some bluffs on turn when a draw wont hit or anything similar.

Best regards.