taking shots ??

  • 35 replies
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.04.2008 Posts: 533
      My shots are usually max 50% of my bankroll.

      ....just kidding. I try to be pretty conservative. Max 1% usually.

      (but i have bought into the bigger 215$ mtts a couple times breaking my rules big time. Gotta dream a little..)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      My shots are usually max 50% of my bankroll.

      ....just kidding. I try to be pretty conservative. Max 1% usually.

      (but i have bought into the bigger 215$ mtts a couple times breaking my rules big time. Gotta dream a little..)
      1% that is very conservative!! I play cash fr nl and play to around 5% of my roll so if I try to shot up from 1% of my roll I will be playing lower than I was lol :P Have I mistunderstood you?

      Roo :P
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.04.2008 Posts: 533
      I thought you where talking about tournaments. :)

      But yeah im pretty conservative when taking shots in tournaments since my downswings tend to be long and horrible where i never manage to win 2 coinflips in a row! So i dont want to risk alot of dollars on one mtt. If i have 3k $ in my account i would probably put max 30-40$ on one mtt..

      ...but thats just me being a pussy. I guess it depends from person to person and how that person handles the shots mentally.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2009 Posts: 1,715
      i take 1-2 BI shots in NL.$
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.04.2010 Posts: 813
      shots are good :f_biggrin:
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.05.2009 Posts: 1,888
      never I like money
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 19.11.2010 Posts: 5,596
      I think its important to know your risk level and how the impact of losing will affect you.

      I personally would play a game for 100% of my bankroll if I thought it was juicy enough as I know I can spin the money up/get staked in the future and I have a job and there will always be another paycheck.

      If I had a family that I had to support my attitude to risk would be totally different.

      Almost every player who plays the high stakes has taken big shots in the past and even up to now, Durrrr plays in huge live cash games that are way out of his bankroll (if he followed normal BRM)

      There are tens of guys who have spun up hundreds of thousands/if not millions from really aggresive bankroll management, but remember there are millions who have failed.
      :f_cool:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.04.2009 Posts: 1,883
      Taking shots is just a cool term for severely breaking bankroll management. If you can afford to reload then go for it.
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 393
      I take mostly vodka shots but some times I do wiskey.
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 393
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Taking shots is just a cool term for severely breaking bankroll management. If you can afford to reload then go for it.
      so is not about drinking :( :f_eek:
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.01.2010 Posts: 862
      I once took a shot of something I had reason to believe was vodka, however as it turned out it was spirit instead.

      Since then I have refrained form taking shots.

      Shots can leave you breathless.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.04.2008 Posts: 533
      I once took a shot of liquid extacy. The best fridaynight i have ever experienced.

      ...but that was 10 years ago. Now im a fat, pokerplaying couchpotato.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.01.2010 Posts: 862
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      I once took a shot of liquid extacy. The best fridaynight i have ever experienced.

      ...but that was 10 years ago. Now im a fat, pokerplaying couchpotato.
      That's what lack of extacy does to people.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.04.2008 Posts: 533
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      I once took a shot of liquid extacy. The best fridaynight i have ever experienced.

      ...but that was 10 years ago. Now im a fat, pokerplaying couchpotato.
      That's what lack of extacy does to people.
      Amen.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 1,213
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      My shots are usually max 50% of my bankroll.

      ....just kidding. I try to be pretty conservative. Max 1% usually.

      (but i have bought into the bigger 215$ mtts a couple times breaking my rules big time. Gotta dream a little..)
      how did you go in that tourney? bad beat or it's to hard for you?
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.11.2008 Posts: 2,233
      Originally posted by pleno1
      I think its important to know your risk level and how the impact of losing will affect you.

      I personally would play a game for 100% of my bankroll if I thought it was juicy enough as I know I can spin the money up/get staked in the future and I have a job and there will always be another paycheck.

      If I had a family that I had to support my attitude to risk would be totally different.
      Like that post!
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.04.2008 Posts: 533
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      My shots are usually max 50% of my bankroll.

      ....just kidding. I try to be pretty conservative. Max 1% usually.

      (but i have bought into the bigger 215$ mtts a couple times breaking my rules big time. Gotta dream a little..)
      how did you go in that tourney? bad beat or it's to hard for you?
      Ive played maybe 5 sunday millions in 2 years and cashed in 1 or 2, cant remember. No good results. So i guess it went like it always does when you take shots:
      You get J2, 25, K7, 23, 4T, Q3, 39, 94, 27, A7, 24, K2, 84, 29, K7, 23, 4T, Q3, 39, 94, 27, A7, 24, K2, 84, 29, J2, 25, K7, 23, 4T, Q3, 39, 94, 27, A7, 24, K2, 84, 29, K7, 23, 4T, Q3, 39, 94, 27, A7, 24, K2, 84, 29, .... and then you tilt !
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 1,213
      Originally posted by Targetme
      never I like money
      this
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2009 Posts: 1,715
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Originally posted by Targetme
      never I like money
      this
      imo people who never take shots = players who will never reach the nosebleeds. Its just a hypothesis, but I think its probably true.
    • 1
    • 2