[NL2-NL10] NL 4 TT good reads bad play?

• XyRo
      XyRo
      Bronze
      Here I have played a few hands with CO and I know he is a weaker player who just lost a stack and is playing too many hands. after seeing the flop I knew none of them hit since I put CO on any broadway but not pockets and BU on something like nut flush draw.
      It was a very easy fold for me but I knew I had them beat and knew they would call my shove.
      was this a ridiculously poor play?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

MP1:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $4.00
      MP3:
      $10.14
      CO:
      $4.07
      BU:
      $4.00
      SB (Hero):
      $6.55
      BB:
      $2.47
      UTG2:
      $7.37

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      UTG2 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.32, BU calls $0.32, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($1.16) 2, 5, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.11, BU raises to $2.22, Hero raises to $6.23(All-In), CO calls $2.64, BU calls $1.46(All-In).

Turn: ($14.82) 7 (3 players)

River: ($14.82) 8 (3 players)

Final Pot: $14.82.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and twos(Ts Th).

BU shows a pair of twos(Ac Qs).

CO shows a flush, king high(Jh Kh).

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and twos(Ts Th).

CO wins with a flush, king high(Jh Kh).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello XyRo,

Preflop: If you are putting him on some kind of weak/tilty hand then why don't you just 4bet here? But calling is definitely considerable for the given implied odds.
      Postflop: Not really big fan unless we consider BU taking such a line as well with some smaller PPs like 66-99. Although on that limit it should be doable while the players are capable of doing such a move there.

One option would be to like donk it here while being in multiway pot and find out where your hand stands.

And one of the safest play would be if you put him on some kind of overcards+FD type of hand then at the best you get a coinflip here and just Check/Fold it to avoid any flips while you could as well be far behind.

Best regards.