This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Bad beat or bad play?

• hoonji126
      hoonji126
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0.86
      BB:
      $2.01
      CO:
      $1.03

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:spade:
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) A:club: , T:heart: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.60) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $0.6 (All-In), BB calls $0.60.

River: ($1.80) A:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ah Js)
      BB shows four-of-a-kind, sixes (6d 6c)

BB wins with four-of-a-kind, sixes (6d 6c)

I think I played my AJo like I was supposed to on the flop. Somewhat dry board, me with the top pair strong kicker - so bet 2/3 pot.

When one opponent called, I assumed he was on a flush draw or a low pair, or top pair lower kicker. He might have also had trips or two pair.

On the turn, against this opponent, was it wrong to have assumed to have a strong hand at this point? The opponent very well could have called with a flush draw or TP low kicker. Perhaps being out of position should have convinced me to check/fold?

(I was kinda excited when I caught that A on the river... but lol my opponent had 4ofakind)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hoonji126,

Preflop: I'd raise it even bigger for 1 limper and being OOP, ~$0,12.
      Postflop: Not much to do while you just have such a small stack left. I am shipping as well on turn.

Add to full stack if you playing BSS.

Best regards.