nl50 infested with regs?

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      it used to be bad enough before, but now, it's almost impossible to find a FR table with less than 5 regs. at least most of them are pretty bad, but still.
      i heard it gets better at nl100, is it true?
  • 10 replies
    • rorri
      rorri
      Bronze
      Hey,

NL100 on Stars isn't that bad if compared to NL50, which is quite reg-filled as you mentioned. It's quite hard to get paid off at NL50 I remember. I play FR.

However, even if you're right in saying NL50 regs are pretty poor play-wise, expect to run into some much more decent ones at NL100, as well as some fish for sure, like anywhere else.

Don't expect to find games - especially on Stars - will less than 5 regs at FR tables. This simply doesn't exist.

I sort of agree with you - and also noticed that on several networks, over time - that NL50, on most rooms, can be quite annoying in terms of good players-bad players ratio. But you can't really make it a general statement/truth, and this is just a 'feeling' that I've had. It's probably biased, as NL100 is supposed to be tougher than NL50, as simple as that! NL50 is easily beatable, but again, Stars is not the easiest room on the net, period.

That was for my 2 cents. GL at the tables buddy!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'm break even over 80k hands at NL50SH. I'm not going to blame it on reg infestation but it does seem extremely harder then NL25.

I also heard NL50 is the worst pot ratio/rake ratio?

Regards,

Kyle.
    • rorri
      rorri
      Bronze
      I feel like the Black Friday made the games a little tougher on Stars indeed, I could be wrong, but it's my feeling.

It could be biased as I've had quite a rough day lol, I feel a little depressed haha ;)

Stars is quite tough, it's all I know...
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rorri
      I feel like the Black Friday made the games a little tougher on Stars indeed, I could be wrong, but it's my feeling.

It could be biased as I've had quite a rough day lol, I feel a little depressed haha ;)

Pokersites with good VIP program are to be bound to infested by regs.
    • rorri
      rorri
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney

Well that's nothing new... Games are more nitty after the Black Friday though, I quite feel so.

Come back Americans! :s_cool:
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze

Well that's nothing new... Games are more nitty after the Black Friday though, I quite feel so.

Uhm u want the americans back? u even know how hard it was for them to deposit? there were barely any american fish in the end.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze

Low stakes are still quite soft but around NL100+ you might need to do some good table selection from various sites to get the fishes going IMO.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      I also play NL50FR, rush on FT atm, and I guess games are fishier on rush than on regular tables on stars.

I kinda want to test out spreading my bankroll around some euro sites, like HU-players does. Might be possible to get 10-12 tables of FR going if one use enough sites.
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      I am playing NL100 on Stars too. 7 regs plus you and 1 fish is pretty standard, and probably even a good table. If you start tables you can sometimes attract a few weaker players, but as soon as one fish joins the table fills with regs anyways.

I think after Black Friday the games are definitely better since all the best regs were from the states, its just harder to get on tables during the non-peak times now.
    • bogdan314
      bogdan314
      Bronze
      Originally posted by knb22
      I also play NL50FR, rush on FT atm, and I guess games are fishier on rush than on regular tables on stars.

I kinda want to test out spreading my bankroll around some euro sites, like HU-players does. Might be possible to get 10-12 tables of FR going if one use enough sites.
      Hello knb22,

I have a question: why do you say HU players spread their bankroll around euro sites? I would like to start a HU career and was wondering where to start cause pokerstars 1.is filled with grinders and 2.i'd like to start playing directly HU cash not SNG but I have a $200 bankroll and want to start with NL10 which pokerstars doesnt offer HU (min in NL50).

Do you think I should start with $5 HU SNG and keep climbing stakes until I am rolled for NL50 HU or just move to other sites that are fishier and also offer NL10 HU?
      Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.