This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50. Sqw pot w AJ

• AlexGerasim
      AlexGerasim
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.95)
      Hero ($50)
      UTG ($60)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($72.80)
      BTN ($78.85)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1, SB calls $0.75, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $4, fold

FLOP ($11) J:heart: 3:spade: K:spade:

Hero bets $6.50, BTN calls $6.50

TURN ($24) J:heart: 3:spade: K:spade: 6:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5

RIVER ($34) J:heart: 3:spade: K:spade: 6:spade: K:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $62.35 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $32.30

90/10/1/22/10

Villain is pretty unknown but he has addiction to loose passive playing.

Pre: It's pretty standard I guess

F: C-bet for value against worse jacks/draws/low pockets which can answer. I don't want to "call his bluff" to bluff because of the above listed.

T: I like pot control here because I don't have much value in the bet

R: It's obviously fold for me with 2nd pair on such a danger board
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He played it so strange
      I personally don´t think he would bet 5$ with flush on the turn but smt weaker to get a free showdown
      At the same time don´t see why he should shove river Jx or weaker hands sot hat should make it fold, but I´m usually quite suspicious when tp pairs and his shoving range should only be trips or better.
      So consider on the game flow I migth someitmes call him down putting him smt like QsT or maybe some random Ax hand
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AlexGerasim,

Basically turn is pretty hard to value-bet, yes we have a draw and likely Check/Call can't be really a mistake against such a bet. But I would keep in mind that I would Check/Fold unimproved on the river vs such a push.

There are like no reads to make such a Call profitable while we have only 10 hands.

And as well 90/10 is rather loose-passive than aggressive player. I would rather take an aggressive player as like 90/80. :)

Best regards.