UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($19.30)
      UTG+2 ($22.82)
      MP1 ($13.40)
      MP2 ($8.16)
      CO ($12.47)
      Hero ($7.53)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, SB raises to $0.70, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $0.80

FLOP ($3.10) A:spade: 5:club: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero?

Villain stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think check behind against this villain is good because he is passive.
      Is that good to bet this Flop against attentive regulars to balance our range?
      I think if against aggressive opponent, we may c/c as bluff catcher.
      How do you play if against unknown? I wish to know how to play this hand against different opponents ie aggressive and passive opponent.

• 2 replies
    • mineriva
      I would 4bet a bit more like $2. Especially seeing that we playing a bit deep.

I bet the flop (I am aware that there are many Ax in his range) even if it is only to define his hand. Even this passive villian is going to make a big bet on the river which we will not be able to call.

My attitute in this hand is that I want to take it down or fold knowing I am behind. We not getting any value from smaller pairs so bet the flop and let him fold the weaker hand rather then us calling with a weaker hand later.
    • Gerv
      You should have 4bet really bigger than making it the minimally $1.5, like $2 would be alot better

Now if you check back Flop, how do you know for sure if he is bluffing if he bets the Turn and/or the River? Almost never

Best regards,