[NL2-NL10] NL10 A3s

• hohoho321
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 3:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,35, SB calls $0,30, Hero calls $0,25.

Flop: ($1,05) 3:club: , 3:diamond: , J:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0,90, SB folds, Hero calls $0,90.

Turn: ($2,85) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2,40, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,85
      BU-good tag 21/19 , 19WTS , 45 ORL , 1400 h.

I would 3bet if the fish has folded , but since he called I didn't want to 3b because he would call me with may things ( A4-AT maybe included ) so I decided to call due to my implieds and so on.

Flop -great - check tolet the BU bet the appropriate flop . What suprised me is the size - he says " I have QJ-AJ , QQ+ and I wan't to extract value from the fish " since the fish folds I just called because the J hands are bigger part of his range 48vs16 without the blockers and he wouln't stack off with most of them ( except maybe AJ ) . So with the call I get one more cbet when there is no over card or :club: on turn - maybe 35-40% of the times
      Should I have raised the flop maybe to rep a draw ?

What would you do if there wasn't FD on flop ?

easy turn fold .
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      I think I would generally like c/r flop since I can´t be sure he is barreling on the turn and I want him to stack his overpairs before board get too ugly.
      If you just c/c flop then I would also prefer c/c turn, since he would barrel you likely with his whole range and try make you fold your middle pp or maybe draw.
      if he shoves river you can consider folding, but c/f turn boat imo is too weak
    • veriz
      Hello hohoho321,

Preflop: Actually while being OOP I am even not that big fan of Calling here, might even prefer folding. Of course if you do play great with the hand postflop then we might consider Calling here. But you must have a plan as well for it.
      Postflop: Basically I'd just donk the flop and maybe even get raised from Jx/overpair or whatsoever hand. But as played I'd Call the turn and reevaluate it on river.

Best regards.