My Starting Hand Chart

• macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      A little alternative to the SC, it is not actually mine I have stolen it but anyway discuss!

EARLY
      Play: AA-77, any two suited ten or higher, AK-AJ and KQ

Raise: AA-TT, AKs-AJs, KQs and AK-AQ

Against A Raise

Play: AA-TT, AKs-AJs, KQs and AK
      Reraise: AA-TT, AKs and AK

Against a Raise and a Reraise

Play: AA-QQ and AKs
      Raise: AA-QQ and AKs

MIDDLE
      Play: Any pocker pair, AKs-A2s, KQs-K9s, QJs-Q9s, JTs-J9s, T9s-98s AK-AT and KQ-KJ

Raise: AA-99, AKs-ATs, KQs-KJs, AK-AJ and KQ

Against A Raise

LATE

Play: Any pocker pair, AKs-A2s, KQs-K9s, QJs-Q9s, JTs-J9s, T9s-54s, Any two offsuit cards ten or higher (e.g KJ,JT...etc)

Raise: AA-99, AKs-A8s, KQs-KTs, AK-AT and KQ

Against A Raise

If two players call the raise then add:
      Any pocker pair and QJs-T9s

Small Blind
      If there is no raise

Play: Same hands as late postion plus any two suited cards

Raise: AA-99, AKs-ATs, KQs-KJs, and AK-AQ

Against A Raise

Play: AA-TT, AKs-AJs, KQs and AK (add any pocket pair if at least one player has called raise)

Big Blind

If there is no raise

Raise: AA-99, AKs-ATs, KQs-KJs, and AK-AQ

Against A Raise

Play: Same hands that you would play for one bet as late postion minus the weak offsuit hands AT, KJ-KT, QJ-QT and JT.

So what do you guys think of this starting hand chart and is anyone observant enought to notice where its from?

I personally like the extra action you get and it suits my style, I have done very well with it so far! $150 to $340 and I have moved up to .50-1 where it has worked very well too!

EDIT- Just though I'd point out if you play ie call then someone raises you one bet, you just call. If there is a raise and a reraise you refer to the chart
  • 5 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh were did you get it ? small stakes hold´em
    • macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      Yea small stake hold 'em does anyone thins this strategy has legs on low limit tables?
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh i think it´s a great book but he assumes that your opponents are much looser and more showdownbound than the average low limit player nowadays (yes, that´s possible ^^). so i think it´s better to stick with the shc, become silver, stick to the silver chart, become gold and play according to the equity principle (gold article).
      nevertheless ssh is a must read imo. especially the chapter about protection is great.
    • macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      Yea it was the 1st ever poker book I got it really helped me. Ive found that when the table are tight the raising it suggest lets you bully the table whilst the strategy itself deal with the loose players calling you down!

The main reasons were that I know this strategy better and that as my printer is broken I can have the SC next to me as I have the book lol

Still im silver now and will read the articles after 12:00 (chasing those arsenal tickets and im in 4th)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      lol gl :D