[NL2-NL10] NL2- QQ vs two

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

this is the most interesting hand of my session. After the 3bet shove from an unknown shortstack I decided to call because of his really small stack. Then SB cold called (18.8/12.5/3- only 16 hands). I put him on relatively strong pocket pairs (like TT or JJ- not KK or AA because he only called, QQ was also unlikely) or AK. I decided I'm ahead of this range but I thought a 4bet would be overplay so called.

Flop- the board missed the range I put him on (maybe except 99) and his small donk fit that range pretty well so I continued with the hand but didn't raise because I didn't want to isolate myself against better hands.

Turn- nothing had changed (I was not afraid of a possible straight) and facing his small bet, I thought I have to decide if I want to go broke and against the range I put him on, I decided to shove.

Was my thought process OK or is there a real risk he might slow-play AA or KK or that he might call with small/middle PPs and hit a set?

Thank you for your opinion.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

UTG+2 (Hero) ($2.00)
      MP1 ($0.67)
      MP2 ($0.33)
      MP3 ($3.66)
      CO ($0.80)
      BTN ($1.97)
      SB ($2.22)
      BB ($2.45)
      UTG ($2.53)
      UTG+1 ($2.00)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 1 folds, MP2 raises All-In $0.33, 2 folds, SB calls $0.32, 1 folds, Hero calls $0.25,

Flop: 9:heart: , 7:diamond: , 4:spade: ( $1.01 )
      SB bets $0.47, Hero calls $0.47,

Turn: 5:heart: ( $1.95 )
      SB bets $0.76, Hero raises All-In $1.20, SB calls $0.44,

River: Q:diamond: ( $4.35 )
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Preflop: On those limits you can just ship it directly here as well. Although the problem is that he might as well try to trap you. But against some AK type of hand it's rather just to get it in here.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to do and yes, he could easily even have here AA/KK but I don't think that I'd get it away here.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks, I was thinking for a long time before the pre-flop call. At the end I thought it was safer to see the flop and decide afterwards. If an A, K, J or maybe a T came, I don't think I would call even a half pot size bet.

By the way.....would you call a half pot size bet on the flop if the flop was 49J or 49K?

In this case I was lucky, he had JJ.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Dback357
      Thanks, I was thinking for a long time before the pre-flop call. At the end I thought it was safer to see the flop and decide afterwards. If an A, K, J or maybe a T came, I don't think I would call even a half pot size bet.

By the way.....would you call a half pot size bet on the flop if the flop was 49J or 49K?

In this case I was lucky, he had JJ.
      To avoid exactly those spots to see an overcard that's why I would get it in preflop. On king flop it's a bit harder, might even fold it. On Jxx yes, I would still Call.