This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

second external monitor question!!!

• 9 replies
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      there should be a external display port on the laptop either side or back.
      then you need to change the display (usually function & F5). In this case you would probably need to go into extended desktop. Not sure if all laptops support extended desktop though.

good luck
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andrewkd
      then you need to change the display (usually function & F5). In this case you would probably need to go into extended desktop. Not sure if all laptops support extended desktop though.

good luck
      I say a second external.Already have one connected
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belthazorrrr

good luck
      Why don't you try some IT forum or just google it ...
      try this link
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Mb if you tell me what brand/model is your laptop I can search for a cheaper soluton.

I am always happy to help but I am not IT guy I just have basic knowege...
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze

good luck
      sorry, misread. yeah not sure, do what bohemiagrove suggested then.
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bohemiagrove
      Mb if you tell me what brand/model is your laptop I can search for a cheaper soluton.

i found some usb to vga adaptors do you think they would work?i have windows 7 and all adaptors are for xp/vista
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bohemiagrove

i found some usb to vga adaptors do you think they would work?i have windows 7 and all adaptors are for xp/vista

hm...they should not work I think....
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Could any please tell me how can i connect a second external monitor to my laptop?Thanks in advanc
      Unless you have a Mac with dual DVI it is highly unlikely you can do this.
    • mbmeb
      mbmeb
      Basic
      Could you use the HDMI slot for anohter monitor? Worth a shot anyway.