This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] FR QQ 3bet pot

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB (Hero):
      $118.10
      UTG1:
      $40.90
      UTG2:
      $20.50
      MP1:
      $20.00
      MP2:
      $19.25
      MP3:
      $87.25
      CO:
      $20.25
      BU:
      $68.35

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      7 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9) 9, K, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, SB calls $5.00.

Turn: ($19) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $12.00, SB calls $12.00.

River: ($43) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $28.50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $43.

Villain is a reg. My thought was that he would have pushed preflop with AK, so he's most likely holding KQ/KJ by the flop (maybe PP too). And I think I can outplay him by firing 3barrels. I mean, on river, his hands will only beat bluffs.
      what do you think? maybe it's better to check back on flop to get value from worse PP on turn?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      strange to turn your QQ into bluff and barrel turn thinking to also shove river to make him fold his Kx hands. So I really don´t like it. You´re ahead enough times to just check back turn and then call his river bet.
      Since he shouldn ´t bet out river his KJ/KQ hands I woudl likely call since he is basically reping only slowplayed set that he decided not to c/r on the turn
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello vmarqui,

Turn: I actually as well like rather Check behind here and then decide what to do on river, even Calling is sometimes close but it depends a lot on the opponent.

As played
      River: I wouldn't really Call here while I did bet the turn for "free showdown" or whatever the plan was. Usually calling a 3bet OOP is pretty strong and we likely only beat bluff here and that's all. For example like TT/JJ hand never bets there and turns his hand into bluff.

Best regards.