FLOP ($2.35) A:heart: 5:club: J:club:

Hero bets $1.75, UTG calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75

TURN ($7.60) A:heart: 5:club: J:club: 3:club:

Hero bets $5, UTG calls $5, CO folds

RIVER ($17.60) A:heart: 5:club: J:club: 3:club: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

Hi!

UTG seemed to be a pretty tight reg, CO is fish

I didnt want to 3bet/fold or 3bet/broke either, so I just called. Is it ok or should I 3bet/broke?

On flop I donked because I didnt want to give a free card to the fish, when the reg checks. Turn was bet/fold against the reg, and bet/call against fish.
      River? I put UTG on AK or AQ, didnt put too many :club: scs in his hand. I thought about push as well, to fold his AK. After check I thought he might be vbeting AK or maybe AQ.

Was my line ok?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d likely still 3-bet pf and play for stacks if UTg wants so. There are some dead money, very likely co might call your 3-bet with worse hands and AKs is a lot easier to play with initiative. Don´t think UTG has there too often flushes so your hand should be ahead most of the times and since player can fold AK to your shove I´d prefer shoving and also if he is calling with AK he might also call with AQ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Cukk,

Preflop: Basically unless the UTG is really nitty player and not really opening a lot of hands from UTG, I'd prefer basically as well to 3bet-squeeze here.

As played
      Flop: Either way, donk/Fold or Check/Call should be fine. But while there are draws and we are in multiway pot and I don't really expect him to CBet that often with missed hand I guess donking should be fine.
      Turn: As well I'd Bet/Fold it here for free showdown.
      River: And here basically I would Check/Fold it, I don't really think that he is like betting a lot worse Ax here anyways and rather we beat bluff here than any Ax. As you even said he is a reg and thinking player. I would even prefer to shove myself to get Called from any Ax hand as you mentioned than Check/Call. Therefore I am Check/Folding it.

Best regards.