This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 AKs vs utg + fish

• Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.35)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG ($67.29)
      UTG+1 ($27.86)
      CO ($11.30)
      BTN ($30.42)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, CO calls $0.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.35) A:heart: 5:club: J:club:

Hero bets $1.75, UTG calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75

TURN ($7.60) A:heart: 5:club: J:club: 3:club:

Hero bets $5, UTG calls $5, CO folds

RIVER ($17.60) A:heart: 5:club: J:club: 3:club: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

Hi!

UTG seemed to be a pretty tight reg, CO is fish

I didnt want to 3bet/fold or 3bet/broke either, so I just called. Is it ok or should I 3bet/broke?

On flop I donked because I didnt want to give a free card to the fish, when the reg checks. Turn was bet/fold against the reg, and bet/call against fish.
      River? I put UTG on AK or AQ, didnt put too many :club: scs in his hand. I thought about push as well, to fold his AK. After check I thought he might be vbeting AK or maybe AQ.

Was my line ok?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d likely still 3-bet pf and play for stacks if UTg wants so. There are some dead money, very likely co might call your 3-bet with worse hands and AKs is a lot easier to play with initiative. Don´t think UTG has there too often flushes so your hand should be ahead most of the times and since player can fold AK to your shove I´d prefer shoving and also if he is calling with AK he might also call with AQ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Cukk,

Preflop: Basically unless the UTG is really nitty player and not really opening a lot of hands from UTG, I'd prefer basically as well to 3bet-squeeze here.

As played
      Flop: Either way, donk/Fold or Check/Call should be fine. But while there are draws and we are in multiway pot and I don't really expect him to CBet that often with missed hand I guess donking should be fine.
      Turn: As well I'd Bet/Fold it here for free showdown.
      River: And here basically I would Check/Fold it, I don't really think that he is like betting a lot worse Ax here anyways and rather we beat bluff here than any Ax. As you even said he is a reg and thinking player. I would even prefer to shove myself to get Called from any Ax hand as you mentioned than Check/Call. Therefore I am Check/Folding it.

Best regards.