new mss video!!!

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Has anyone seen the new mss video? I'm a bit confused as Gerv seems to stray from the charts and show us why we should not play hands the starting charts say we should!! the first hand is AKs and its played different to how I have been playing it!!
      Am I missing something here? please excuse me it takes me a while to figure stuff out!!!

Roo
  • 5 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      it isnt GERV that's playing. he is reviewing another players session. analysing hands and finding leaks.

this is why the AK hand at the start was played different according to the chart. i had been playing it like in the video and thought it was a bet/shove hand. really glad i watched it now lol
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      it isnt GERV that's playing. he is reviewing another players session. analysing hands and finding leaks.

this is why the AK hand at the start was played different according to the chart. i had been playing it like in the video and thought it was a bet/shove hand. really glad i watched it now lol
      Yeah I understand what you are saying but the starting hand chart says shove from this position? have I got mixed up somewhere?
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      I guess one can use the chart directly only on weak loose tables. But on weak tight as the rush is, the chart needs some adjustments. Like: no AK shove, stealing with much wider range, raising limpers with a wider range etc. 3bet also could be opened up a little bit.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by biogas
      I guess one can use the chart directly only on weak loose tables. But on weak tight as the rush is, the chart needs some adjustments. Like: no AK shove, stealing with much wider range, raising limpers with a wider range etc. 3bet also could be opened up a little bit.
      I see what you mean, although they did not use hem so knowing the opponents hand range would be difficult?
      on a positive note I have spent the morning learning all about stats and hand ranges so it has made me think instead of relying on charts!!! thanks Gerv!!! lol :P

Roo

:P
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Just noticed this post from Gerv in the vid section which helps explain a lot!!!!

"Well I could judge this video based on the SHC but that would make the video really boring. We had even less spots to talk about and I think the player in question should be ready for some more enhancements in his game.

the first enhancements are always based on math & statistics as in the SSS. "

Told you guys I was a bit dumb and it takes me a while to catch up :P

Roo :P