This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Roll from rakeback?

• sydney69
      sydney69
      Bronze
      Hi everyone. My name is Simon and I've been playing sng's badly for a couple of years now and was about to quit poker completely when I saw the take 2 promotion on fulltilt and thought it would be a good idea to complete this promotion first then withdraw my roll.
      After withdrawing i was left with about $0.50 in my account until yesterday when i was checking my email and noticed that pokerstrategy had kindly given me $1.45 in rakeback. When I logged into fulltilt to donk off this free money I was offered a bouns of $50 which would be released in $5 chunks for 125 fulltilit points each. Thats when I had the idea of trying to build a bankroll with my rakeback. Whats the worst that could happen? I lose the $2 I would have not had anyway?
      I played about an hour last night and and hour this morning. Last night I played nl2 shallow tables and some again this morning in addition to about 150 hands of nl5 rush. Here is a graph of my results so far.

Starting BR $2
      Current BR $5.53

I've decided I'm going to stick to nl2 shallow stack tables which gives me about 7 buyins. I'm going to avoid playing rush mainly because i'm 99% certain I'll end up bust by the end of the week and I only have <3 buyins.

In 122 hands of nl2 I'd made 1.48 fulltilt points which is about 0.0121 points per hand so I'm looking at 125\0.0121 = 10000 hands to clear my first $5 of bonus! This may take a while!

I probably won't manage more than 10 hours a week, 2 tableing to start with. I'll increase to 4 tables if i reach 10 buyins.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.
  • 2 replies