This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Nl25] QQ - overpair vs donkbets

• Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($25.21)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($42.76)
      MP1 ($25.92)
      MP2 ($25)
      CO ($30.92)
      Button ($28.86)
      SB ($37.42)
      BB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, Q
      UTG bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.60, 6 folds, UTG calls $1.85

Flop: ($5.55) 2, 8, J (2 players)
      UTG bets $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($13.55) 7 (2 players)
      UTG bets $10, Hero folds

Total pot: $13.55 | Rake: $0.67

Villain playing on 1-2 tables.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you think his range is when leading Flop?
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      He is really aggro overall and donkbet so far 2 of 2.
      Imo you have 2 options, fold flop or call down any non spade board, im nt sure, waiting some other opinions.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I would raise all-in on the turn as I dont think he is playing a flopped flush or set this way and only value hands look like slowplayed AA/KK without a spade (but he will sometimes c/r those as well).

By raising all-in the turn we get value from his A:spade: X and also we get him to fold his bluffs in his range ( that can have decent equity against us with the K:spade: for example)
    • matusko
      matusko
      Bronze
      I like the fold, I think he is leading sets, NFD, 2pair, maybe some pp with a spade and thats about it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      I would raise all-in on the turn as I dont think he is playing a flopped flush or set this way and only value hands look like slowplayed AA/KK without a spade (but he will sometimes c/r those as well).

By raising all-in the turn we get value from his A:spade: X and also we get him to fold his bluffs in his range ( that can have decent equity against us with the K:spade: for example)
      +1
      players would sometimes slowplay pf AA/KK pf, but I would rather put him some pair+draw type hand that doesn´t really want to take c/c flop, c/f turn line so he may easily decide to lead himself.
      I´d shove there aces always, since he can always have there QQ/KK or smt like TT with spades, with queens you can consider folding turn but likely I´d still get all-in, since I don´t see players take that line too often with sets or flushes