[NL2-NL10] full house vs nit AI in river

• TheKingOfCasablanca
      Hey! It is my first post in hand evaluations at english forum.
      I havent been playing much poker lately, and today I decided to play some at NL4.
      I played more then 160 hands with loose agressive stats (44/33) and I was playing shorthanded. I was lose at BvB + BTN. tight rest.
      I was stealing blinds loose, and whenever i was sbvsbb the bb was calling me so I stopped stealing, but i went to showdown many times against bb, so other players maybe believes that i am a maniac...
      The player I played this hand against was playing very nitty in the begining 11/9. but then he changed to 19/9 in 150hands. before, he was not going to showdown vs me with middlepair, or calling with TP.

the hand:
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Party
      SB ($4.29)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($3.94)
      UTG+1 ($3.72)
      CO ($4.34)
      Hero ($7.50)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: 6:heart:
      I was btn and I am making it 3x no matter what, sb (callingstation fold). and BB nit called my 3x.
      I thought he could do that with middle pair, or Axs. so he is folding most of times when he miss.

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.26) 9:spade: T:diamond: 9:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18

I totally miss on the flop, but I thought I should make a cbet on that kind of flops, (trying to make him fold 88,77, or over cards). and he called.
      There was a flush draw+ strightdraw and of course maybe AT..
      of course he could have called me with 9T or A9 preflop.
      TURN ($0.62) 9:spade: T:diamond: 9:diamond: 6:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, BB calls $0.32
      i believe i bet just little in the turn, and it was because i put him on pocketpair, flushdraw. maybe Adxd
      RIVER ($1.26) 9:spade: T:diamond: 9:diamond: 6:diamond: 7:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB raises to $3.38 (AI), Hero calls $2.18
      in river, I was thinking that when he checked i should make a valuebet, and I made it pot because if he has something like 8Js, A8s or flush, he is going to call my raise. But he decided to reraise :( . And i was like hmm now I am beat, he could have called me preflop with 9Ts pre and played full house this way..
      I dont believe i was going to get action vs any other hand then hands that beat me.

ok now, lets pretend that I didnt write a word, what do you think about the way i played the hand vs a nit ( think about my table image, loose agressive).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello TheKingOfCasablanca,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Preflop: Is fine as well to do it 3x but usually on those limits I just do it 4x but when you play a lot of hands then it might be better to do it 3x, would make cheaper to steal.
      Flop: Totally fine to CBet here, might even protect from any kind of overcards and as well maybe even make fold a better hand.
      Turn: Yes, likely would bet it bigger for value ~$0,50, while he could easily have the flush or even maybe straight or trips or whatsoever what is going to pay us.
      River: Not much to do, I guess I am not folding it either. Just unlucky when he really has the FH as well but he might even sometimes overplay his flushes as well so calling on those limits is totally fine with the FH.

Best regards.