Sick Sick Sick

• CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Been playing nl10 for a month or more now. Dont seem to be making any progress, and its really frustrating. My roll has hovered between $180 and $220, so never winning or losing much. Its annoying because I jumped from $50 to $200 over a few weeks. Maybe I just ran well.

Anyway, I just played a hand, or rather, folded a hand that sums my whole situation up (I dont have PT or HEM so Im gonna tell it story style):

MP2 raised to 4bb and BU calls.
      I'm in the BB with KcJc and, being out of position, with no reads on my opponents, and with a dangerous hand I tell myself I shouldnt get involved. I let the hand go despite the 3-1 odds.

Flop comes AcQcTc.

MP2 and BU get all in on flop with AK and QQ.
  • 15 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Get PT3 or HEM and that way you can resolve your leaks .... Also, if you can't afford it then using the elephant software provided by this site will do better than no software at all. Until such time you can afford to buy one of the bigger brothers of the software.

Running without stats and/or a HUD puts you at a disadvantage as a lot of online players use these tools to help them with their game. Always +EV to have the same tools as the opponents you are playing, then you can really exploit any edge that you may have.

Stick with man, least you haven't crashed and burned. :) Good luck
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CreamyGoodness
      Been playing nl10 for a month or more now. Dont seem to be making any progress, and its really frustrating. My roll has hovered between $180 and $220, so never winning or losing much. Its annoying because I jumped from $50 to $200 over a few weeks. Maybe I just ran well.

Anyway, I just played a hand, or rather, folded a hand that sums my whole situation up (I dont have PT or HEM so Im gonna tell it story style):

MP2 raised to 4bb and BU calls.
      I'm in the BB with KcJc and, being out of position, with no reads on my opponents, and with a dangerous hand I tell myself I shouldnt get involved. I let the hand go despite the 3-1 odds.

Flop comes AcQcTc.

MP2 and BU get all in on flop with AK and QQ.
      you folded a weakish hand in the face of a 4BB raise and a call. the hand went to show down which showed that you had the weakest starting hand. I dont see what the issue is? get HEM and do an analysis of all the times you folded in this situation and the you didnt flop the top hand. I bet you have saved more money than you would have won here.

results of the hand are irrelevant. its the decisions that matter.

btw you dont need HEM to show your hands here. just your hand history and an online hand convertor.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Get PT3 or HEM and that way you can resolve your leaks .... Also, if you can't afford it then using the elephant software provided by this site will do better than no software at all. Until such time you can afford to buy one of the bigger brothers of the software.

Running without stats and/or a HUD puts you at a disadvantage as a lot of online players use these tools to help them with their game. Always +EV to have the same tools as the opponents you are playing, then you can really exploit any edge that you may have.

Stick with man, least you haven't crashed and burned. :) Good luck
      Great advice!! I have just started to use hem, wish I had done it months ago!!!!

:P
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      if youre stuck at a certain limit start learning and experimenting a lil...it helps.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      I am still using elephant even ,though I have pt3 cause the stats or so freaking small on 1280/1024 so the colors are really useful. Side note I play around 9-12 tables so the color coding system is super useful.
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      I am still using elephant even ,though I have pt3 cause the stats or so freaking small on 1280/1024 so the colors are really useful. Side note I play around 9-12 tables so the color coding system is super useful.

you can do that on pt3 too...
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      I have the same problem lol, crushed NL2 with no problems, made from 25$ to 200$ without problems in no time but NL10 is just so sick, I don't know downswing started here, coolers, sick.
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      I know I made the right choice folding, its no big deal. I just wanted to bitch about it to someone.

On the topic of stats trackers, Ive been putting off buying one as I find it hard to justify spending $80 dollars on one when ive only got a $200 roll.

Im gonna start a new thread on this topic I think, get some opinions and advice etc.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      In Soviet Russia, Royal flush would have folded you.
    • Idle7
      Idle7
      Bronze
      Nice! I got involved into hand, where i thought i got it, but to my surprise i lost it. I was wondering he just called my bet on the river.

• evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Idle7
      Nice! I got involved into hand, where i thought i got it, but to my surprise i lost it. I was wondering he just called my bet on the river.

royal flush v quad aces. and somehow neither player ended up all in? thats some read
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      Originally posted by Idle7

royal flush v quad aces. and somehow neither player ended up all in? thats some read
      High stakes cap play maney itt
    • Idle7
      Idle7
      Bronze
      Well, he had a position, i was betting with quads and he just called with his royal as i sayd it in my first post here.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      ontopic: creamygoodness,your fold pre is +EV dont be result orientated or think like "what could have been" because its going to break you.

offtopic: you seriously posted a hand from a play money table and actually expect people to analyze or feedback it?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by furculision
      ontopic: creamygoodness,your fold pre is +EV dont be result orientated or think like "what could have been" because its going to break you.
      KJs is imo good enough hand to defend the big blind with.